Biocube 32 upgrade gyre 1k and sicce 1.5

ArifTurzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I am using a icecap gyre 1k Powerhead and sicce 1.5 in my cube as return pump. I also have a nano hydor slim skim skimmer. The problem is the skimmer is a tight fit in the first chamber and not too much water is flowing to 2nd and 3rd chamber where I have media basket and Fuge basket. As a result I don’t have much water in the Fuge and the water is overflowing from the back wall. I tried to add extra water but didn’t help. Should I remove sicce and increase the speed of ice cap power head or use a different skimmer? Please advise. My concern is over flowing water in the back chamber without going through the filter floss.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think @cromag27 might be working on something to help everything fit for us Biocube folks.

ELL23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup but with Aquatic life 115 protein skimmer installed in the second chamber. No issues with the water level and water flow.
I previously had the skimmer in the first chamber but got the same issue as you have. It’s blocking the water flow from going to chamber 2.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back