Biocube 32

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is almost cycled. I'm planning on a couple fish and some zoas and maybe some other soft corals to start. I was at my lfs and one of the guys acted like I need to upgrade my lighting. Is that true even for softies and zoas? Also they suggested a wave maker. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Biocube 32 with the stock LED’s. I have had tremendous growth from my LPS and softies, like there is noticeable growth every day. I don’t know if I can contribute that to my light or water quality or whatever. What I do know is that the light does grow some LPS and definitely softies but mine have lost color because the par and intensity of the light is basically junk. The spectrum is waaay to white also but you definitely can grow zoas and softies. A Wavemaker would also be a good idea too to get water movement but it kind of depends what corals you’re keeping. I would still use one no matter what.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big_Mclargehuge

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Biocube 32 with the stock LED’s. I have had tremendous growth from my LPS and softies, like there is noticeable growth every day. I don’t know if I can contribute that to my light or water quality or whatever. What I do know is that the light does grow some LPS and definitely softies but mine have lost color because the par and intensity of the light is basically junk. The spectrum is waaay to white also but you definitely can grow zoas and softies. A Wavemaker would also be a good idea too to get water movement but it kind of depends what corals you’re keeping. I would still use one no matter what.
Thanks!

Fir3ant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do u have your light schedule at? If I may ask

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back