BioCube 32g LED “Death Cube” build

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to the Death Cube

If you follow me on social media such as Instagram and YouTube then you already know the intro to this tank :). I’m actually starting this tank up this weekend and the video will be uploaded to the channel! Same name as mine here :).

Plans are to put predatory dwarf fish in here and lots of different types anemones and maybe some zoas. Can’t wait to keep you all updated on this build! I’m so excited!

A1F6F0FB-131B-4704-A5D7-6205D863A97E.jpeg 4D74670B-A1AB-4864-BB1E-60D181D250AC.jpeg 5E0D2FEA-7BB2-4F65-9476-1F16BC3A68F4.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a puffer of some sort?

I’ve thought about a puffer, but those guys are really messy in tanks. I keep going back and forth on the idea really. We shall see in a few months what I decide on. What I’d like to do is get all the coral and nems time to get settled first and then add the fish last.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve thought about a puffer, but those guys are really messy in tanks. I keep going back and forth on the idea really. We shall see in a few months what I decide on. What I’d like to do is get all the coral and nems time to get settled first and then add the fish last.
Our Valentini puffer was good with corals for his first year. Then he decided he was growing up and the corals were his newest favorite food! We would feed him from a syringe and he would even let us pet him. We had to rehome him to a non reef friendly tank :(

If I didnt like corals so much I'd definently get a puffer, their personalities are really cool ;)

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Valentini puffer was good with corals for his first year. Then he decided he was growing up and the corals were his newest favorite food! We would feed him from a syringe and he would even let us pet him. We had to rehome him to a non reef friendly tank :(

If I didnt like corals so much I'd definently get a puffer, their personalities are really cool ;)

They are really cool fish don’t get me wrong, I’m just iffy putting them in such a small tank and the fact I’ll have corals in there too. I’m still researching though, so we shall see.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the concept but I'm not sure you will be able to get many livestock options. All I can think of is a dwarf lion fish, a angler or a tiny puffer but a tiny puffer isn't exactly 'death' cube level

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the concept but I'm not sure you will be able to get many livestock options. All I can think of is a dwarf lion fish, a angler or a tiny puffer but a tiny puffer isn't exactly 'death' cube level

I’m thinking about going with a dwarf lion fish and a frogfish angler. Or even a red hawkfish :)

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post a scape update on the Death Cube . I made a shelf/cave for the future inhabitants and added some rock on the bottom for more coral grow out space. It’s been cycled and going on a month and a week. Maybe a few more months of cycling to allow any phosphate or ammonia to leach out the rock. Can’t wait to get some predators in here. You can also check out my progress on Instagram and YouTube- @SaltFishTV
DDE0D00E-9B4D-44EF-82C8-627414572E27.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back