Biocube: How to clean front glass curve (bowfront)

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello was wondering what people use in the biocubes to clean the front corners?
I tried to use a flipper and i scratched my tank a little bit. I went really slow and i just cant find a way to clean up the hard algae thats growing on the corners of my biocubes glass.

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kitchen sponge. Preferably one of the non scratch, two sided ones like this

Screenshot_20200830-143138_Samsung Internet.jpg

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh. I never had a problem using my flipper at all. In fact, when I saw the title of this thread, that is what I was going to recommend. Do you have coralline growing on the blade? Did you accidentally pick up some sand when doing close to the bottom? In my experience with magnetic scrapers and Biocubes, the flipper was by far the best option when trying to keep my hands dry.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Huh. I never had a problem using my flipper at all. In fact, when I saw the title of this thread, that is what I was going to recommend. Do you have coralline growing on the blade? Did you accidentally pick up some sand when doing close to the bottom? In my experience with magnetic scrapers and Biocubes, the flipper was by far the best option when trying to keep my hands dry.
I tried to clean it the same day i bought the scrapper and it scratched my glass. Just the side curves. not the very front or sides of my tank it cleans that really well. I have nothing growing on the blade. It was brand new./

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
when u use the flipper on the front corners do u go up and down or side to side with the blade?

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side to side. I would clean the front glass on one side about half the way into the corners, then the other front side half the way into the corners. Then move it around to the sides and again sideways, half the way into the corners. Did a bang-up job. Never saw any scratches. The only time I got scratches with any magnetic algae scraper flipper is when I got a couple grains of sand on the inside pad in my old starfire 60 gallon cube and didn't notice.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Side to side. I would clean the front glass on one side about half the way into the corners, then the other front side half the way into the corners. Then move it around to the sides and again sideways, half the way into the corners. Did a bang-up job. Never saw any scratches. The only time I got scratches with any magnetic algae scraper flipper is when I got a couple grains of sand on the inside pad in my old starfire 60 gallon cube and didn't notice.
could u send me which flipper u used.

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one I used in my Biocube and now use on my IM 25 (which is made of the easily-scratched starfire type glass).

61ob1DH%2BPYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An original Mr. Clean Eraser works well in the corners. I use a Tunze Care Magnet for the flat parts.
Ty I guess I just have to clean it by hand with the eraser. I was just trying to keep my arm out of the tank as much as possible.

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrap the eraser or non-scratching sponge of your choice around a dowel and scrub away. No need to get your hands in the water.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back