Biocube leds and coral growth

Suggsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering what everyone has had success growing with stock biocube leds?

Things you’ve tried and lights weren’t enough for?

Considering switching lights eventually but I have to leave my hood on and don’t care too much for the look of a light on top of the hood.

William Norman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggs - I use my biocube 17 as my invert and coral qt. I was noticing that the coral were not reacting well. My seneye said the par readings where around 100-75. so I took the stock out and put in a SBReef Sprite(Nano) reef. I keep it as far back on the tank as I can and have it on the lowest settings. Now my par is 300-100 While they are in QT they seem to react better. I just need to be careful on placement depending on type of coral. Frags that want low light go in the front and SPS towards the back. SBReef has a video on how to cut your hood to fit their light.

Last edited:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Steve's LEDs! My son can grow anything!

Colinadam80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock Biocube lights will keep softies and LPS happy.

I had a 16g Biocube and the main issue was with Palys, they would stretch towards the light.

I kept some SPS in the upper 1/3rd of the tank and had good luck with then keeping color, things like the ORA green birdsnest and montipora all kept their color.
Stay away from acros, I had a nice Milli that looked like crap under those lights.

OP
OP
Suggsreef

Suggsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had a 16g Biocube and the main issue was with Palys, they would stretch towards the light.

I kept some SPS in the upper 1/3rd of the tank and had good luck with then keeping color, things like the ORA green birdsnest and montipora all kept their color.
Stay away from acros, I had a nice Milli that looked like crap under those lights.

Ooh that’s amazing to know. I wanted to try montipora. I’d be fine with keeping it up higher. My palys are happy but I do keep them higher up.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20190602_112145548.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back