Biocube refugeum is it a good idea?

Jack biocube 32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my 32 biocube running since December. I’ve been looking for improvements for it so I recently installed the In Tank media tower and noticed they sell a refugeum tower too. So this brings me to my question is refugeum in something as small as a biocube even worth it/beneficial?

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, mine grows chaeto very well. I can’t speak for the intank basket though. I just grow chaeto in the entire middle chamber no baskets or anything.

BossChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a refugium will help the color of your corals over time and will aid in keeping your parameters in check.

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It made a huge difference in ours. GHA is basically gone after totally over running the tank for a stretch and the fish seem to be loving the pods we seeded it with.

Just tossed the chaeto at the bottom of the second section and a bought a grow light I attached to the back glass. Still using the stock rack to hold my other filtration. Been working well for a couple months now

BPCGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The intank refugium tower doesn't do much, since it only has two sides. I would actually recommend buying a second media basket to house the Cheato.

One DIY solution is to take the pieces of junk Coralife media basket and glue those on to the sides of the intank fuge basket.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back