BioCube Rollermat

Would you buy a rollermat for your biocube?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe depending on price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Morbidaarvark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in a biocube rollermat if I designed and made these. I have a design idea and just need to do measurements and get designing and testing. If you might be interested let me know, the first few will be 3d printed but I'm hoping to go with acrylic on anything I would sell also hoping to keep the cost of it down.

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the idea. I also do some design for 3d printing myself. I would be happy to test and eventually get one myself.

OP
OP
Morbidaarvark

Morbidaarvark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the idea. I also do some design for 3d printing myself. I would be happy to test and eventually get one myself.
I'm thinking of maybe moving it to the third chamber and doing a stack idea so that the second chamber can stay open for media and a refugium.

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a great idea. I am thinking of the ones with the hood. The space could be super limited, but I think it could work. Have you seen these that go into the filter sock space of sumps? I'm thinking of your idea as something similar to this, but for a biocube.

OP
OP
Morbidaarvark

Morbidaarvark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a great idea. I am thinking of the ones with the hood. The space could be super limited, but I think it could work. Have you seen these that go into the filter sock space of sumps? I'm thinking of your idea as something similar to this, but for a biocube.

Yes similar to that, I’m just trying to workout where to put it because I’ve had feedback that people want their 2nd chamber to stay open. I figured I could cut a 6in roll in half and have it be 3in which I’m sure would work fine.

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Here is my concern. The first chamber feeds water both from above and below. Therefore, that would not work. The second chamber feeds water from above only, making it perfect for the mat. The third chamber, feeds only from below. The only way to do it on the third chamber would be using a pump and that may cause an issue with space too. I don't know that there is a way of doing this anywhere else other than the second chamber.

OP
OP
Morbidaarvark

Morbidaarvark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Here is my concern. The first chamber feeds water both from above and below. Therefore, that would not work. The second chamber feeds water from above only, making it perfect for the mat. The third chamber, feeds only from below. The only way to do it on the third chamber would be using a pump and that may cause an issue with space too. I don't know that there is a way of doing this anywhere else other than the second chamber.
I agree it will almost have to be in the second chamber and I think I’ve found a design to be able to do it.

971219FA-ADFA-43D1-879D-9B623910BE40.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back