Biota Captive-Bred Spot Breast Angelfish (Genicanthus melanospilos)

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
1-5/8" Biota Captive-Bred Spot Breast Angelfish (Genicanthus melanospilos) coming in today's Diver's Den® at around 5pm CST.

Successfully captive bred for the first time and offered for the first time on LiveAquaria®, today's Spot Breast Angelfish (Genicanthus melanospilos) joins the growing roster of captive-bred marine fish species from Biota Palau. As its alternate common name "Swallowtail Angelfish" suggests, Genicanthus melanospilos develops a distinct and impressive caudal fin with elegant streamers. As a "reef safe" marine angelfish, the Biota Captive-Bred Spot Breast Angelfish is sure to excite both marine fish hobbyists as well as reef keepers.
lg-0718191-115.jpg
LiveAquaria® is proud to offer you an increasing selection of captive bred fish, sustainably raised, and cultured aquatic life to stock your aquarium.

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Did someone already snatch it up? Might grab it if it’s in my budget

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome to see more and more captive bred angels.

I’m really hoping to see captive bred achilles tangs at some point.

OP
OP
LiveAquaria

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Interested in acquiring of one-of-a-kind, Diver's Den® What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get aquatic life? Here's some tips and suggestions on how to increase your chances of bringing home prized Diver's Den® aquatic life. http://bit.ly/2mmm8an.

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score

Kryssie

View Badges
Reaction score
So does anyone have one of these “reef safe” angels? Do they live up to the promise of being reef safe so far?

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
So does anyone have one of these “reef safe” angels? Do they live up to the promise of being reef safe so far?

512A2912-5AA2-4686-825A-EA2C209A7828.jpeg

Reef safe so far. I frequently see her picking at pods. Ideally i’d like her to subside more on frozen/pellets and leave the pods for my mandarin.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back