Biota regal angel, yes or no?

Cheese Griller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I was trying to ascertain when I asked the Biota representative if that was their future plans. He chose to ignore me. In any case, you can buy a gray belly 2 1/2 to 3 inch Regal at bluezooaquatics with a guarantee for $199.99. That same size fish in a yellow belly Regal will cost you $349.99. To some people that $150 difference may not mean anything. To most people, I would venture to say that it does. It certainly does to me.
I hear ya. Biota is a big company and the fact that they even have a presence on R2R is great, but they may miss a question from time to time. No need to get snippy in the replies because of this. Let's just all enjoy the success of the breeders and hope that we'll get some captive bred yellow-bellies in the future

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya. Biota is a big company and the fact that they even have a presence on R2R is great, but they may miss a question from time to time. No need to get snippy in the replies because of this. Let's just all enjoy the success of the breeders and hope that we'll get some captive bred yellow-bellies in the future
When 3 other questions that were asked after mine get answered but mine doesn’t, my BS meter sounds an alarm. Sorry.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad yours is more sensitive than mine. Enjoy your yellow-belly and the superiority complex that seems to come with it
I can’t hold back any longer:

He no longer owns the yellow belly regal which is claimed to have been raised so well. I bought it about a month ago. Its a pretty little fish but colors never developed beyond mostly yellow and light grayish/light blue stripes(only under 100% blue lights so agree Areefer with your comment about not recognizable). Its around 5 years old and only 3 inches. Yes it’s stunted but with its bulging eyes it’s rather cute and that’s why I bought him. My granddaughter named him “Tiny”. Many believe diet had to do with the stunting. Was fed mostly pellets after early feeding some fresh hatched Brine shrimp. He is now on a much more varied diet with The hope that he will develop more of his natural color. There’s little hope of him reaching normal adult size. Again thats ok because then we’d have to rename him! SO this is the fish that was raised by the expert on regal’s and critiques a captive breeder who’s doing great things for the hobby. I also will say its not the first time he’s been referred to as having a superiority complex…only difference is it was said in private message. However it’s fair game as the reference to the regal keeps happening without full disclosure that he no longer owns it and that it was NOT so easy to raise if the result is a stunted regal!….yes its a stunted cutie but stunted non the less. But I’m ok with that as I chose to buy him anyway but not ok with him still espousing expertise in regal raising when its just not accurate…just had to be said….
A photo of the wild caught yellow-belly Regal that I have in my tank for three years is on this thread. Every place that photo has appeared has been complimented with likes and loves. So I don’t know what you’re talking about.
you no longer have him in your tank….

Last edited:

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He no longer owns the yellow belly regal which is claimed to have been raised so well. I bought it about a month ago. Its a pretty little fish but colors never developed beyond mostly yellow and light grayish/light blue stripes(only under 100% blue lights so agree Areefer with your comment about not recognizable). Its around 5 years old and only 3 inches. Yes it’s stunted but with its bulging eyes it’s rather cute and that’s why I bought him. My granddaughter named him “Tiny”. Many believe diet had to do with the stunting. Was fed mostly pellets after early feeding some fresh hatched Brine shrimp. He is now on a much more varied diet with The hope that he will develop more of his natural color. There’s little hope of him reaching normal adult size. Again thats ok because then we’d have to rename him! SO this is the fish that was raised by the expert on regal’s and critiques a captive breeder who’s doing great things for the hobby. I also will say its not the first time he’s been referred to as having a superiority complex…only difference is it was said in private message. However it’s fair game as the reference to the regal keeps opp happening without full disclosure that he no longer owns it and that it was NOT so easy to raise if the result is a stunted regal!….yes its a stunted cutie but stunted non the less. But I’m ok with that as I chose to buy him anyway but not ok with him still espousing expertise in regal raising when its just not accurate…just had to be said….

I know. I also saw where you posted a picture of him on another board called humblefish and got many compliments on him and were bragging about him. Even though you cried like a baby for two weeks after you bought him because a couple of your friends said that he was deformed, and stunted. One of the people who commented on the fish on your photo said that it was an amazing looking Regal because it was all yellow and very little blue. I also saw where you killed two very expensive fish out of ignorance. A blue-throat trigger and another trigger. You killed them with your own hands.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a link to the thread where this joker was bragging about the fish that he’s now calling stunted and deformed.. I’m tempted to tell you what I think of you as a person again, but I’m not going to out of respect for this board.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. I also saw where you posted a picture of him on another board called humblefish and got many compliments on him and were bragging about him. Even though you cried like a baby for two weeks after you bought him because a couple of your friends said that he was deformed, and stunted. One of the people who commented on the fish on your photo said that it was an amazing looking Regal because it was all yellow and very little blue. I also saw where you killed two very expensive fish out of ignorance. A blue-throat trigger and another trigger. You killed them with your own hands.
I’m not going to get into childish back and forth. I know the truth stings but had to state the facts to ensure you didn’t continue to rave as if you were such an expert at all this. Stalking me on other sites? Nothing better to do? Get a life and while you’re at it get some help as you’re embarrassing yourself…..

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He no longer owns the yellow belly regal which is claimed to have been raised so well. I bought it about a month ago. Its a pretty little fish but colors never developed beyond mostly yellow and light grayish/light blue stripes(only under 100% blue lights so agree Areefer with your comment about not recognizable). Its around 5 years old and only 3 inches. Yes it’s stunted but with its bulging eyes it’s rather cute and that’s why I bought him. My granddaughter named him “Tiny”. Many believe diet had to do with the stunting. Was fed mostly pellets after early feeding some fresh hatched Brine shrimp. He is now on a much more varied diet with The hope that he will develop more of his natural color. There’s little hope of him reaching normal adult size. Again thats ok because then we’d have to rename him! SO this is the fish that was raised by the expert on regal’s and critiques a captive breeder who’s doing great things for the hobby. I also will say its not the first time he’s been referred to as having a superiority complex…only difference is it was said in private message. However it’s fair game as the reference to the regal keeps happening without full disclosure that he no longer owns it and that it was NOT so easy to raise if the result is a stunted regal!….yes its a stunted cutie but stunted non the less. But I’m ok with that as I chose to buy him anyway but not ok with him still espousing expertise in regal raising when its just not accurate…just had to be said….

And here’s the picture that you posted on humblefish of the Regal that you bought from me and you cried for two weeks that it was stunted and deformed.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not going to get into childish back and forth. I know the truth stings but had to state the facts to ensure you didn’t continue to rave as if you were such an expert at all this. Stalking me on other sites? Nothing better to do? Get a life and while you’re at it get some help as you’re embarrassing yourself…..
Sure pal. Whatever you say.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a link to the thread where this joker was bragging about the fish that he’s now calling stunted and deformed.. I’m tempted to tell you what I think of you as a person again, but I’m not going to out of respect for this board.

You seem to want to deflect from my post that told the accuracy of what your all about. Anyway you can post these other posts because they are consistent with what I said in the first post, I bought the fish because I thought he was cute and pretty interesting looking. I also posted on the other site and this one, to get everyone opinion as to whether he was stunted or not….all agreed. I know you won’t post that. You make me laugh but I do feel sorry for you…..

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You seem to want to deflect from my post that told the accuracy of what your all about. Anyway you can post these other posts because they are consistent with what I said in the first post, I bought the fish because I thought he was cute and pretty interesting looking. I also posted on the other site and this one, to get everyone opinion as to whether he was stunted or not….all agreed. I know you won’t post that. You make me laugh but I do feel sorry for you…..
Lol. Too funny. I can’t…..

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You claim he’s on a much more varied diet, but in one of those posts on that thread you admit that you have been unable to get him to eat anything else beside the the formula one and two and Hikari that I was feeding him and was kind enough to give you. Dude. Give up. You’re out of your league.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was stalking you because I was waiting for you to do just what you did tonight. People like you are so predictable.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be buying another tiny wild-caught yellow belly Regal as soon as I get my 315 set up. I’m also in the market right now for a small 2-inch Scribbled angel which I think are much prettier than the rectangular shaped adult Scribbled angels. The small circular shape is much more appealing to me. They usually show up around August, and by that time my 315 should be finished.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact of the matter is that captive Regals grow very slowly. Here are some links to first person accounts, not friends who have read a few books, first person accounts of people who have owned Regals, sharing their experience regarding their growth tendencies.

We’ve had one for 2 1/2 years, named Blue. First one we’ve had.
Purchased from the LFS at just under 2” was eating brine shrimp in the LFS . Ate Ocean Nutrition Prime flake the next day in the DT . Prime flake is still her favourite food, she also eats mysis flake, Fish eggs, clam on the half shell, nori, prawn, blackworms and sometimes mysis. Very shy for the first 2 months and housed with calm fish. She also really likes to pick at snails that have dropped upside down, she checks everything out to see if it’s edible. Corals- doesn’t touch anything with tentacles but would take a bite out of Trachy or lobo types without hesitation. Never let her go so far as to eat them, we either moved them out of the tank or covered them. Not seen her at the blastos.
Shes very confident, inquisitive and very slow growing now at about 3”.
I say she but I don’t know what sex she is.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back