Birmingham AL Club Interest Meeting Feb 1

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

the amount of responses in that other thread got me motivated to try and start up a club. I bet we’re the largest city in America without a club haha.

February 1, 2020 at 1pm at my house in Bham. The plan is to talk about what you’d like to get out of a club, and then hang out for a while. Please click the link for the google form below to get the meeting location, it’s also going to ask for your email address so I can get a list going.

If you’d like to join but can’t make the meeting, please still click the link and hit “no.” I have some questions that would still be helpful.

https://forms.gle/nYMvJh4CerdCaVni8

Please let me know if you have any questions!

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also please share this anywhere you can think of! I don’t really have social media so people sharing it on there would be much appreciated!

Dale Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great I saw it on Facebook and was coming to make sure it was here and saw I had a notification thanks for doing this!

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! Just hope we’re able to get enough interest to sustain a club haha. Can you think of anywhere else to post this?

I reached out to Reef Life and Alabama Aquariums to see if they could help. Also the Marine Biology club at UAB, but that may be dead. There’s a guy with a pretty big maintenance service that I also need to reach out to (maybe he has clients that would be interested) I’m going to put up a flyer in the Aquarium section at McWane.

do you have a way to get in contact with Faye? I’d like to set up a table at the Leeds show in April.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have any IG famous posters in Bham? I think Budman has a good following but he’s in Montgomery.

Dale Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to talk to Grant Urban he’s active here and on the Facebook groups he’s also friends with Budman so he may help. I will check on Faye also.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll reach out to her after the meeting. We need a name and stuff, can't put the cart before the horse.

Erick375

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we still on for Saturday at 1? Was your address in the google response form, thought I had it but don't now.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we're good to go on Saturday. I'm going to send our a reminder email to everyone on Wednesday or Thursday with my address again.

Please feel free to share this anywhere, and with anyone you think might be interested. We've had a couple more say they're coming just in the last day or so.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too!! I have a large tank build project that is winding down and have some leftover gear that I'm not going to use. @Tuffyyyyy has already spoken for the live sand, but I also have a few hardware items that are brand new and I'm selling cheap. If anyone wants them I can bring to the meeting
Neptune Apex FMK flow monitoring kit, list $199 selling for $125 https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/fmk-flow-monitoring-kit-neptune-systems.html
Neptune Apex extra 1" flow sensor (need FMK to use it) list $60 selling for $40
Neptune MPR magnetic probe rack list $40 selling for $25
Octo Aquatics Dosing tube holder list $30 selling for $20 https://octoaquatics.com/product/octo-strong-dosing-tube-holder/

Just don't have room in the plumbing set up for the flow monitoring and changed my sump so have the probe and dosing tube holders built in. All this stuff is brand new/ unused. You can PM me if you're interested in any of this stuff (don't clog the thread please).

Peter

ClamIAm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to tomorrow - let me know if I need to bring anything in the way of refreshments.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we're all set on refreshments unless there's something specific you'd like to bring. I'm going to run to the grocery store tonight to pick up some extra stuff, and I know @nemo10171 said he's bringing beer.

Dale Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think anyone wants me to come today I’
Be been fighting the flu bug most of the week and still running a fever. Update me on what everyone is thinking

ClamIAm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good times, good folks - looking forward to continuing to grow in the hobby, now with some (mostly) local reefers!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back