Black caps basslets, not tux urchin, are the worst tank rearrangers.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think tux gets a bad rap for taking the blame for moving things around. In my tank I have seen repeated evidence that my black cap is moving loose things into his burrow. He's the worst...

The pic is a new cave that he made last night after I moved some rocks around. Notice all the loose shells he dragged into its cave. Not only that, he completely yanked my large feather that was happily attached to a rock on the opposite side of the tank, and dragged it to his cave as a decoration....

20210225_085113.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think tux gets a bad rap for taking the blame for moving things around. In my tank I have seen repeated evidence that my black cap is moving loose things into his burrow. He's the worst...

The pic is a new cave that he made last night after I moved some rocks around. Notice all the loose shells he dragged into its cave. Not only that, he completely yanked my large feather that was happily attached to a rock on the opposite side of the tank, and dragged it to his cave as a decoration....

20210225_085113.jpg
Lol. They will do it. My jawfish moves everything not more than 10x it’s size. Frags, rocks, the occasional hermit all get towed across the tank so the cave of solitude is well decorated lol.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back