OP
OP
D

drmantistoboggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the information that I had put together.
I am working on getting my notes and equipment out of storage.
Hi twilliard, so this seems to have been very effective so far. Almost all the algae is gone. My question is now, do you have any recommendations long term as far as keeping the tank as algae free as possible? I mentioned before the tank gets a lot of natural sunlight. I wanted to see if you recommend a scrubber, macroalgae reactor or a LFS recommended a UV sterilizer. I just want to try to prevent future outbreaks due to all the light the tank gets.

OP
OP
D

drmantistoboggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H2O2 would be the route you would want to go to get rid of it as it is cyanobacteria. Spirulina will not change color in H2O2 but ChemiClean kills it.
Again sorry for the confusion!

Hi twilliard. The H2O2 seemed to have killed nearly all of it. I turned my lights back on at 30% and stopped dosing H2O2. The algae is starting to return again. Do I go back to dosing H2O2? Do I give it larger, more aggressive doses or do I look for some other means of algae management?

OP
OP
D

drmantistoboggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi twilliard. The H2O2 seemed to have killed nearly all of it. I turned my lights back on at 30% and stopped dosing H2O2. The algae is starting to return again. Do I go back to dosing H2O2? Do I give it larger, more aggressive doses or do I look for some other means of algae management?

hey @twilliard happy to say your H2O2 advice worked and I had been algae free since aug. but I’ve had a new type appear recently (I started a new thread) guy on the new thread is telling me it’s Dino and h2o2 will work for that too. Wanted to check in with you first.

F8B1BE5E-D68C-4AA2-BBB4-15DC126C0E7A.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back