Black Egg Crate

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Years ago when I lived in Orlando there was an industrial lighting supply company just south of downtown that stocked the black egg crate. I think it was "Galaxy" but I'm not 100% sure; you may try calling them though.

Davey-Jones’-Locker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone find this locally? I’m in the Lake Mary area and building out a 40b frag tank. I was able to find acrylic rods at Hobby Lobby. They sell them as cake dowel rods

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone find this locally? I’m in the Lake Mary area and building out a 40b frag tank. I was able to find acrylic rods at Hobby Lobby. They sell them as cake dowel rods
Nope, I ended up with white, but BRS has 2x2 in black. Might pick some up the next time I order. i 3D printed some grid stands, I assume that is what you are using the rods for?

Davey-Jones’-Locker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the plan, acrylic rods for the legs, blue pvc for the plumbing and black egg crate. It kills me to pay $16 for a 2’x2’ square from BRS though

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chrome is an option too. Thoughts?
DO NOT USE CHROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have any powerheads near the surface of the water they will splash water up onto the egg crate and the chrome washes off. I just removed 2 pieces of chrome from my tank and all the chrome was washed off of the bottom.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back