Black Friday & Cyber Monday are coming! What are some reef deals you'd like to score?

BRS
Fritz

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
As I say to this question every year, this time of the year is about family, not my reef. I get stuff for my tank all year so I look for things for the wife and kids. Black Friday has already started for most stuff, so really can't call it Black Friday any more. Just like putting out Xmas stuff for sale in August now BF has started in mid October.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
MAP vendors to go on sale

Here is a link to the 2019 sale at Premium Aquatics (my favorite online vendor for dry goods).

With most stuff MAP now, every retailer will have the same price. Only difference may be if they offer a loyalty program and offer extra loyalty points or if the manufacturer has levels of dealers and allows different levels different prices.

Who knows what will happen this year. Inventory is low on some items. I've heard some of the specialty retailers say they may not be able to offer much of a sale because of no stock.

2019 BF Deals:

Lightspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Well here in Oz i am hoping for GHL profi4, ion and 2.1. Trouble is there is only one distributor in Australia who NEVER has sales.
Last year on BF sale i purchased a 600hp tune kit, oversize supercharger crank pulley and racing cats for my X351 V8 jag from VelocityAP, over 6 grand in gear, then guess what, the sole Australian distributor would not honour the Manufacturers sale. Then an argument between the distributor and manufacturer ensued and instead of 25% off i copped 10%.
So............i hold no hope for BF sales in Australia going on last years experience

First Choice

spfahnestock

View Badges
Reaction score
I am in the process of gathering equipment for my next tank, 1 144 half circle, so I will be looking for some of the needs for that.

However most of what I need (Eotech components) will not go on sale. So I will be looking for dry rock, sand, and some of the other small items.

Lazys Coral House
OP
Daniel@R2R

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
Daniel@R2R

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

GuppyHJD

View Badges
Reaction score
The industry trend of MAP really has decreased promos and Black Friday sales. Most of the name brands will discount their top end or new models maybe 10-15%. My hope was to have my new tank online by New Years but my wife and I had a discussion last night and Christmas shopping for the family and friends is going to take priority over the aquarium. Until I find a skimmer and lights, there is not much sense in putting water in the tank. My LFS might discount some corals but they are focused on selling 20g fresh water setups for the holidays. It is taking them weeks to get too much of their inventory to worry about putting out sale pricing.

BRS

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • NO

Votes: 235 81.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 3.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS