Black Friday & Cyber Monday are coming! What are some reef deals you'd like to score?

Hydrahawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing an upgrade now so I too will be looking for deals. Another light from @AI, return pump and PHs from @Ecotech.;)

Last edited:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I say to this question every year, this time of the year is about family, not my reef. I get stuff for my tank all year so I look for things for the wife and kids. Black Friday has already started for most stuff, so really can't call it Black Friday any more. Just like putting out Xmas stuff for sale in August now BF has started in mid October.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAP vendors to go on sale

Here is a link to the 2019 sale at Premium Aquatics (my favorite online vendor for dry goods).

With most stuff MAP now, every retailer will have the same price. Only difference may be if they offer a loyalty program and offer extra loyalty points or if the manufacturer has levels of dealers and allows different levels different prices.

Who knows what will happen this year. Inventory is low on some items. I've heard some of the specialty retailers say they may not be able to offer much of a sale because of no stock.

2019 BF Deals:

Lightspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here in Oz i am hoping for GHL profi4, ion and 2.1. Trouble is there is only one distributor in Australia who NEVER has sales.
Last year on BF sale i purchased a 600hp tune kit, oversize supercharger crank pulley and racing cats for my X351 V8 jag from VelocityAP, over 6 grand in gear, then guess what, the sole Australian distributor would not honour the Manufacturers sale. Then an argument between the distributor and manufacturer ensued and instead of 25% off i copped 10%.
So............i hold no hope for BF sales in Australia going on last years experience

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use another GHL powerbar or two. A Reefbrite 48" XHO or two. Maybe some cool fish and STICKS. We all love sticks, right?

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing pumps and external overflow

spfahnestock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of gathering equipment for my next tank, 1 144 half circle, so I will be looking for some of the needs for that.

However most of what I need (Eotech components) will not go on sale. So I will be looking for dry rock, sand, and some of the other small items.

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing I get every year. New rodi filters. Really helps me know when it’s filter changing time, hard to forget Black Friday. Now if I could remember my anniversary

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Sidius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking forward to buying my first Apex/controller for my new tank build. I'm up in Canada so hopefully Neptune has sale prices north of the border as well!!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The industry trend of MAP really has decreased promos and Black Friday sales. Most of the name brands will discount their top end or new models maybe 10-15%. My hope was to have my new tank online by New Years but my wife and I had a discussion last night and Christmas shopping for the family and friends is going to take priority over the aquarium. Until I find a skimmer and lights, there is not much sense in putting water in the tank. My LFS might discount some corals but they are focused on selling 20g fresh water setups for the holidays. It is taking them weeks to get too much of their inventory to worry about putting out sale pricing.

Back