Black ich, Prazi Pro, DT?

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. So my magnificent foxface has what could be black ich? It looks like an ich cyst but with a black halo around it. Some of the other fish look like they are starting regular/white ich symptoms so idk if it's just actual ich presenting differently on this fish or I'm dealing with 2 different diseases, or it's only black ich. (Different parasites, I know.) So I wanted to know if I can do Prazi Pro in my display tank with a feather duster? How else can I manage both or either disease? (This is a 220g reef tank with maybe 25 fish, 20+ corals, Nems, crabs, shrimp, urchins, snails, feather duster etc. and a couple hundred pounds of live rock. Tank transfer method/ capture and dip etc isnt going to be an option for me. So well have to skip those methods.) Thoughts? Thanks! (No images, sorry. You cant see it no matter how I took the pic! I'll try again tomorrow.)

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised no one has said anything in here. Anyways here is a thread for black ich tell me if it looks like that.

Did you add any fish recently or do you quarantine your fish and if so how

Prazipro is reef safe and is the recommended treatment for black ich.

However for normal ich none of the treatment methods are reef safe so you need a qt tank

I recommend treating with copper for a period of a month in a qt if you have regular ich. I use cupramine and I take additional time to bring the concentration of copper up to the therapeutic level (4 days instead of two) I also add an air stone as well. Be sure to check for any signs of stress like heavy breathing. If stress occurs drop the copper concentration by doing a water change and bring it up even slower.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro is reef safe but will your feather duster and might irritate or harm your anemone.

Can you post any pictures to make sure your dealing black ich?

OP
OP
L

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. It is not present on the fish today? I will keep checking him, something is going on. It looked exactly like an ich spot but with black around it. so weird. I will post if it comes back.

OP
OP
L

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the spots are back today?!?!

20190918_112505.jpg 20190918_113419.jpg 20190918_112527.jpg 20190918_113510.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back