Black moving spots on montipora

Verhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have noticed my montipora digitata deteriorating and thought it was due to watervalues. However it happened only to my montipora digitata and not my acroporas. There are a lot of small black spots on the montiporas and i think they are munching on my montipora.

Please see pictutes below. Does anybody know them and how to get rid of them? Thanks a lot!

20200220_070323.jpg 20200220_070317.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black bugs it appears. I am not sure interceptor works with black bugs. You are going to have to research treatment.

OP
OP
V

Verhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black bugs it appears. I am not sure interceptor works with black bugs. You are going to have to research treatment.
Thanks for the reply! Am going to get all the anti bugs treatments i can get from my lfs. Very little info on the internet unfortunately.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black bugs do not respond to any treatment you can get at a local fish store. You can dip the coral and see if that helps.
Definitely research the link posted above.

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had luck using dr Gs dip as an in tank dose. The black bugs I had were much smaller then yours so I don’t know if you will see the same results but it may be worth looking into.

OP
OP
V

Verhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies and tips! I didnt mean in tank treatment but dipping. Already isolated al my digitatas and dipped in coral protec but with no results, still black little bugs on them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dreaded black bugs. I have had a LITTLE success with Coralrx but ultimately, you will need to see a vet and get 1 or 2 dog pills called Interceptor which DOES kill them but treat strictly according to dosage.

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dreaded black bugs. I have had a LITTLE success with Coralrx but ultimately, you will need to see a vet and get 1 or 2 dog pills called Interceptor which DOES kill them but treat strictly according to dosage.
After trying to get some interceptor I found dr. Gs coral dip. I read on the forums it is the same active ingredient as interceptor in liquid form (milbimycin sp?). I didn’t believe it but sure enough I saw results. It is meant to be used as a dip so it may work for you, I think the bottle recommends a 6 hr dip, worth a shot to keep these buggers at bay.

OP
OP
V

Verhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies! Are there any biological treatments known like a fish that eats them?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back