Black spots on Blue Tang

rattslik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish just had white spot and I managed to catch it and freshwater dips it now it had black spot on it. I think it is Paravortex turbellaria flatworms but I could be wrong help would be appreciated. Also it is hard for me to get a good photo since he doesn't trust me since if freshwater dipped him

20201017_122801.jpg

KRas1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue tang seemed to have went through a similar thing as yours is going through right now. First it had a mild case of ich with white spots, and once they cleared up she started getting some black spots, aka black ich from I would assume. I never did any freshwater dips or medicated the tank as I was afraid to stress it out. My only approach was to boost her immune system with a variety or nori, mysis, and rod's, all soaked in selcon and garlic power. I also run an oversized UV very slow flow for parasites. In my case, they cleared up within a few days, but again, it was a very mild case. Good luck with your tang, I hope she gets better!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those spots seem too large and diffuse to be Paravortex, black ich. They are probably melanin deposition as a reaction to some irritant - either where the ich tomonts were, or a possible fluke infestation. That said, FW dips rarely control ich on their own, so keep an eye out for that to possibly return.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back