black spots on Foxface and white spots on powder brown tang

Over_Engineered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I noticed a few black spots on my Foxface and today there are maybe 3x as many. The attached photos are from today. I also noticed today a few spots on my powder brown tang. Please help me figure out what this is, and what I need to do about it. Here is what has changed recently:

3 april - added in coral frags from a good friend with healthy fish - followed the bayer dip protocol for 15 minutes (100 ml in ~1 gallon of water i believe)

2 april - added in a pack of assorted coral frags from local wamas member - followed the bayer dip protocol for 15 minutes (100 ml in ~1 gallon of water i believe)

24 march - put in copapods and amphipods from aquarium depot

14 march - added fish where they were passed through reef escape QT process (local store in VA). At this time I added 2 gobies, 1 coral beauty fish, and the powder brown tang

Thanks for the help!

IMG-1492.jpg IMG-1489.jpg IMG-1488.jpg

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Coral or anemone stings on the foxface. Should clear up in a day or two. If not investigate further.
Could be from zipping into a rock too. Mine went flying into a hole in the rocks and posted up with his spines out for whatever reason (hes scared of his own shadow). When he came out he little marks like that on his one side from where he got scraped up by the rock.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Black ich. Associted with water quality and are small works which can be removed with a freshwater bath, If no success with FW bath, formalin baths Will be effective. Must do formalin baths 4-7 days. Quick cure will work
1586455823484.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back