Black tang possible flukes? (Pictures)

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s it going. So I have a black tang I’ve had for awhile and suspected he had ick so I pulled all the fish and have been treating them in copper for about 20 days now at about 2ppm. Long story short seen some things on him and thought that it would be weird being that they have been in copper a hot second.

did a fresh water did for 4 minutes and this came off of him. It either sand or I’m guessing flukes?

what ya think
42834091-7971-49BF-AACB-2BA58DE0CC50.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
very good chance yes- In the future do not place on a table as it will remove its protective slime coat.
To verify flukes, place fish in a preferably dark bucket of dechlornated tap water the same temp as display tank for 4-5 minutes.
Return fish to display tank.
With a flashlight, look on bottom of bucket for what looks like sesame seeds or fish scales - Those are flukes that fell off. If so, treat with prazi Pro.

OP
OP
Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very good chance yes- In the future do not place on a table as it will remove its protective slime coat.
To verify flukes, place fish in a preferably dark bucket of dechlornated tap water the same temp as display tank for 4-5 minutes.
Return fish to display tank.
With a flashlight, look on bottom of bucket for what looks like sesame seeds or fish scales - Those are flukes that fell off. If so, treat with prazi Pro.
I pulled the “flukes” out with my finger to put on a darker surface for you guys to look at as all I had was a Home Depot bucket that the fish was in for the dip

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I pulled the “flukes” out with my finger to put on a darker surface for you guys to look at as all I had was a Home Depot bucket that the fish was in for the dip
Thats a dark bucket- Thattll work
LOL - The wet on table looks like outline of a tang

OP
OP
Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a dark bucket- Thattll work
LOL - The wet on table looks like outline of a tang
Oh hahahaha. I would never put him on a table lol. I read dark bucket before I did it and I figured a Home Depot bucket wasn’t dark enough so ya know first time fluke dad over here

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back