OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRO and TSA are near each other, so they can both be done in a day easily. The TSA frag farm is right behind their store, not sure of the new LRO frag farm.

This is what the LRO tank looked like 2 years ago.

468196A3-F3B1-42BA-AE97-15A314B3DBF4.jpeg
2ACFF6A8-3CEB-4192-8515-5113161771AC.jpeg
6CB41B1D-4646-486A-8A81-D6C9E214F81B.jpeg
Writing this down so I Remember!!!
You can go to wwc, lro, and tsa in one day. Wwc is closeish to rap. Lro and tsa are prob 40 minutes away from that area
I LOVE wwc. Will definitely be hitting them up!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I changed tack and ended up using more fiber glass rods than I had originally intended. This scape is SOLID!!!

here’s one that’s visible. It runs the length of that arch.

51578F70-7DED-4738-9315-26D390FB9127.jpeg

AAB6387A-355C-4DC4-AD94-F4E361395CA5.jpeg

Some ig photos. Tons more on there too.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to pick out heaters for the new tank. It's hard because so many things are out of stock. I am thinking 2 300W BRS heaters. They're both rated up to 100 gallons, and the totally tank volume is 170-ish - the rock and sand volume. I think that should work well.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to pick out heaters for the new tank. It's hard because so many things are out of stock. I am thinking 2 300W BRS heaters. They're both rated up to 100 gallons, and the totally tank volume is 170-ish - the rock and sand volume. I think that should work well.

I’m running one Aquatop 400w titanium heater in my tank (system volume is 169 before subtracting rock/sand), and I have no issue keeping the tank at temp, so I would think two 300’s would be more than sufficient. The inkbird WiFi controller and a second heater (in case of failure) are actually on my list of things to buy. Are you planning on keeping the heaters in the sump?

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Writing this down so I Remember!!!

I LOVE wwc. Will definitely be hitting them up!
Living Reef Orlando has its new farm almost directly behind the store. Their show tank is definitely worth seeing as well as their farm.

TSA is about 15 minutes away from LRO. Love their store and farm. If your going to TSA you have to go to WWC winter park store. It is 10 minutes away on the same road. Aloma Ave.

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought 2 of the 300W BRS heaters a few months ago and they work great on my WB 170.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting another tank. It’s the first reef tank that I’ve bought brand new for the purposes of salt water. I’m super excited. It’s in the house, the lights are up, I’m waiting on a few plumbing pieces and will be starting the aquascape on this nice rainy day. Hoping to try some kind of infinity shape with some arches and low caves for wrasses/gobys. This will primarily be an lps tank and will have sand. My lfs also modified the stand so that both sides have doors.

Current Gear:
Red Sea 650 peninsula
Red Sea light hanging kit
2 mp40’s
2 radion g5 Xr30 pro’s
Varios8 pump

image.jpg
This looks awesome!

I use a Varios6 pump...love it.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running one Aquatop 400w titanium heater in my tank (system volume is 169 before subtracting rock/sand), and I have no issue keeping the tank at temp, so I would think two 300’s would be more than sufficient. The inkbird WiFi controller and a second heater (in case of failure) are actually on my list of things to buy. Are you planning on keeping the heaters in the sump?

Thank you! That makes me feel way more confident! Yep in the sump!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living Reef Orlando has its new farm almost directly behind the store. Their show tank is definitely worth seeing as well as their farm.

TSA is about 15 minutes away from LRO. Love their store and farm. If your going to TSA you have to go to WWC winter park store. It is 10 minutes away on the same road. Aloma Ave.

I'm going to have to add a day (or 3) to the trip just to see everything.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks awesome!

I use a Varios6 pump...love it.

Sweet! I am running the 6 right now on my cube and it has been amazing! No complaints. Highly recommend. :)

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Tagging along as I’m seriously thinking of getting a 650 or Wavebox 6025 peninsula. Are you running Radion there?

I’m just getting back in the hobby as I’ve been overseas the past 9 years and my how things have progressed in that time.

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting another tank. It’s the first reef tank that I’ve bought brand new for the purposes of salt water. I’m super excited. It’s in the house, the lights are up, I’m waiting on a few plumbing pieces and will be starting the aquascape on this nice rainy day. Hoping to try some kind of infinity shape with some arches and low caves for wrasses/gobys. This will primarily be an lps tank and will have sand. My lfs also modified the stand so that both sides have doors.

Current Gear:
Red Sea 650 peninsula
Red Sea light hanging kit
2 mp40’s
2 radion g5 Xr30 pro’s
Varios8 pump

image.jpg
Nice looking tank!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Tagging along as I’m seriously thinking of getting a 650 or Wavebox 6025 peninsula. Are you running Radion there?

I’m just getting back in the hobby as I’ve been overseas the past 9 years and my how things have progressed in that time.
Sweet! I do have 2 gen 5 xr30’s. Thinking about going to get a cheap coral to track the cycling process, which means I may turn on one of the lights.

Trying to find more info, but my first tank was my most stable and grew corals like crazy. I never had any algae issues in it and I added corals really early on. Jake Adam’s says there’s no reason not to add them early on. The tank already has nitrate (5 ppm) and nitrite (slightly pink), so moving the rock from the other sump must have been successful to jump start the cycle. I also moved over about 25 gallons of water from the old tank. That tank’s nutrient levels are nearly non existent, so I know the nitrate didn’t come from that.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back