Blessed are the PEACEMAKERS!!! Namely Van Gogh, my Blue Hippo Tang

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I never cease to be amazed as the ongoing noticeable qualities of my fish continue to reveal themselves.
My Blue Hippo Tang, Van Gogh who I’ve had since he was the size of a half dollar, seems to have a genuinely wonderful quality of wanting peace among the other fish in the tank.
Sometimes, my Yellow and Sailfin go at it and Van Gogh will breakup the fight and send them both to their respective ends of the tank.
When I see that and then stop to consider it. I’m truly amazed that peacekeeping is a “thing” in the reef. How about you?
5D38BA34-DE1B-4678-AB76-789589D76490.jpeg

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one of my favorite fish and plan on having all four of the fish in this photo when my reef is set up. I am thinking this quality or attitude is probably not very common for fish.
Just make sure you feed the Copperband Butterfly fish at least twice a day. Tangs are easy. Enjoy the journey!!!

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashing Lights Police GIF by Alex Sheyn

Tang Police noticing too small of a tank
for 4 Tangs

Pull over. Lol
Urrrr! The Tang police needs to take a donut break. One fish in the picture is a Butterfly. And the tank is a wappin 180 gallons. Lol :D

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my Achillies occasionally likes to take a run at my hippo and in will come blonde naso to break it up. He’s the big boy of the tank and likes it nice and mellow which of course never happens in the land of tangs and angels and triggers oh my!

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fish in one of my Tanks who behaves EXACTLY like your Van Gogh: Believe it or not, its a Foxface.
Whenever my Desjardini and my Flame Angelfish begin a fight he stepps in and sends them into their corners.
I absolutely love his personality, and i love a peaceful tank :)

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fish in one of my Tanks who behaves EXACTLY like your Van Gogh: Believe it or not, its a Foxface.
Whenever my Desjardini and my Flame Angelfish begin a fight he stepps in and sends them into their corners.
I absolutely love his personality, and i love a peaceful tank :)
Obviously it is Gray Fox from Metal Geat Solid

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reminded of this thread this morning. My clowns have been bickering the last couple days and this morning when the female clown had the male cornered under the flow pump, I saw my red lined wrasse put himself directly between the two warring parties and he just parked there. He doesn't like it when mom and dad fight. Thankfully the clowns seem to be working out their differences but also good to know that the honorary clown won't let crap go too far.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back