Blonde nado tang

reefplus88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I received a blonde nado tang and he doesn’t look the way he should be . I don’t think it’s ick but I am not sure what is wrong with him.

52AAD228-F3A0-44B3-8CF0-CFA7A3B80C6D.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, that’s a regular naso. If you were charged for a blonde naso I would be skeptical of vendor.

Those spots are just stress spots. Normal for new tangs like naso, however QT is recommended as tangs are prone to ich.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I received a blonde nado tang and he doesn’t look the way he should be . I don’t think it’s ick but I am not sure what is wrong with him.

52AAD228-F3A0-44B3-8CF0-CFA7A3B80C6D.jpeg
When you say you received it, was it shipped to you or did you get it from a store?
The spots are just night/stress coloration, but the fish being upside down in the bag could be an issue.
Be careful - fish don’t handle a large rise in salinity well, and I’ve been seeing a lot of fish being shipped at low specific gravity, say 1.019 and then people try to acclimate them to 1.025 and that doesn’t work well.
Jay

OP
OP
R

reefplus88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say you received it, was it shipped to you or did you get it from a store?
The spots are just night/stress coloration, but the fish being upside down in the bag could be an issue.
Be careful - fish don’t handle a large rise in salinity well, and I’ve been seeing a lot of fish being shipped at low specific gravity, say 1.019 and then people try to acclimate them to 1.025 and that doesn’t work well.

OP
OP
R

reefplus88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. He didn’t make it. It was shipped to me. When they come like shipped and accustom to low salinity what is the best thing to do ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. He didn’t make it. It was shipped to me. When they come like shipped and accustom to low salinity what is the best thing to do ?
Sorry to hear.
The best thing to do with fish arriving at low salinity is to reduce the salinity of the destination tank to match (assuming it doesn’t have invertebrates in it). The other option would be to buy fish from dealers that hold their fish in full seawater.
That said, I can’t tell you if that is what killed your fish or not. Sometimes just the stress of shipping kills fish. I generally accept a 3 to 5% shipping loss.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back