Blonde Naso tang attach magnificent rabbit fish

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone today my blonde Naso tang has completely gone after my magnificent rabbit fish. Rabbit fish has a few marks on his tail. He did this last week with my blue tang and same thing blue tang had a few marks on its tail. Now the Naso tang leaves the blue tang completely alone. Is he just asserting his dominance or do you think he has to go? Should I leave them for a few more days to work it out? He's half the size of the rabbit fish too And they’ve been together for about 4 months with no issues prior.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone today my blonde Naso tang has completely gone after my magnificent rabbit fish. Rabbit fish has a few marks on his tail. He did this last week with my blue tang and same thing blue tang had a few marks on its tail. Now the Naso tang leaves the blue tang completely alone. Is he just asserting his dominance or do you think he has to go? Should I leave them for a few more days to work it out? He's half the size of the rabbit fish too And they’ve been together for about 4 months with no issues prior.
Patience. Try mirrors, try rearranging the landscape

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up heading to my lfs where I’m good friends with the owner. He said if the Naso tang is only half the size of the rabbit fish and he’s attacking him chances are he won’t stop as he grows. So the owner of my lfs will be stopping by tomorrow and helping me remove him from the tank

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up heading to my lfs where I’m good friends with the owner. He said if the Naso tang is only half the size of the rabbit fish and he’s attacking him chances are he won’t stop as he grows. So the owner of my lfs will be stopping by tomorrow and helping me remove him from the tank
I have a really aggresive kole tang would attack anything put a foxlo in he attacked a couple times and learned real fast not to mess with it those spins on the rabbit fish are venomous I'd think if the naso got stuck by the rabbit fish he would learn his lesson

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the same thing when I first saw it when I came home. I thought oh he’ll get hit by a spine and back off. It went on and off for hours. My magnificent foxface was swimming sideways twisting turning to try and get him with a spine but appeared to be to no avail. My magnificent is the og in my tank so he’s the one I’m keeping. Always been peaceful and will take nori from my hand

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back