Blood fire shrimp problems

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone have any problems with blood fire shrimp eating some of the crew?! I’m missing a couple small shrimps, a watchman goby, blue urchin, and a clam. The only other things in the tank are clownfish and a Cleaner Shrimp. The only possible culprit would be my blood fire shrimp but I thought they were peaceful lol

Docpayne82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ll kill other shrimp but with the watchman, urchin, and clam I would be on the look out for something else. Anything weird coming up on your parameters or recent addition to the tank?

OP
OP
JAMSOURY

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They’ll kill other shrimp but with the watchman, urchin, and clam I would be on the look out for something else. Anything weird coming up on your parameters or recent addition to the tank?

Parameters look perfect. There isn’t any other things in the tank that’ll be aggressive. It’s the only thing I would suspect. All the things that died, died close to the blood fire shrimp hangout side of the tank

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is weird. My shrimp shares his home with my Firefish and I never noticed any hostility to it or any other fish. The fire shrimp will chase the Cleaner away if it's on his rock but that's about it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back