Blue cespitularia?

Blemo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these as delicate shippers as everyone says they are? I can't seem to find any locally (nyc), and am apprehensive of paying what alot of people are asking for, especially when most of them make a point of saying that they can't guarantee live arrival. Ironically, I'm pretty sure I have had the cespitularia before, having found a frag at a pet store that had them basically going wild in a tank filled with live rock, and they flourished in my tank, (unfortunately before I knew they were special) until they all crashed when we had a 3 day blackout last summer. Now, I cant find them for the life of me... So yeah, any experineces with the blue cespitularia y'all have would be greatly appreciated.

hingeback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi new to the forum, hope you don't mind me offering you my advice.
Cepitularia do tend to ship badly. I bought mine from a LFS (I am in the UK ) he had got a number in. I got mine as it came into shop and took a chance on it. On the way home the rock broke so had 2 xenias I drip fed the bags over a 4 hour period in separate tanks I have. Placed in tanks and for the next few days they were really shrunken. Since one has more than doubled in size in 2 months. My aquarium has 30 times flow and embarassed to say 20ppm of nitrate. The other is doing well but not as good as the 1st. Guess what this tank has no nitrates

hingeback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
orry meant to mention the LFS got another 4, 3 of which died. I quized him about it and he only acclimatised for an hour. The other is alive but is not growing well

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got pics? are these pieces coming directly from coral suppliers in the tropics? or are these captive raised in some other nearby location (mainland europe?)

i've never really heard of a lfs bringing in colonies of this particular coral, well, not recently anyway....99% of the time blue cesp are propagated from private reefers and sold via community classified such as the ones here

Zach

hingeback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals were shipped in from overseas. No idea if captive or wild but I would presume captive. The LFS only imports but quite a lot are farmed corals.

Having a few probs with camera but will try dig out soe photo's from a disk I have.
Its 8.40pm here, so depending if I find the disk shortly it maybe tomorrow when I post the pictures.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back