Blue Chromis swimming in one place

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i came home yesterday from work and one of my three chromis (7 fish tota)l was acting unusual. i worked a double and didnt get to feed till about 10pm. it was about 22 hours since they had some food. He is low in the tank, at the sand and was in one corner. Kind of just staying put. i put some food in the tank and he swam up a little bit but couldnt find the food. Hes staying low in the tank, and trying to swim upwards but wont go past halfway. he isnt swimming in the current back and forth like chromis love to do. mostly staying in the spot in the pictures now. almost like hes hungry :\ Ive had him for about 6 months

any help?.

20211004_130229.jpg

20211004_130157.jpg

20211004_130139.jpg

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this happen to meI I think they start bullying each other. And have read many times people get a bunch and end up having 1 survive. You never seem to see them actually pick on each other but they just look scared and stay in corners and unfortunately eventually die! Sorry But I can be completely wrong as this has been my experience several times with those. And to this day only have one in my tank

OP
OP
fisherc92

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this happen to meI I think they start bullying each other. And have read many times people get a bunch and end up having 1 survive. You never seem to see them actually pick on each other but they just look scared and stay in corners and unfortunately eventually die! Sorry But I can be completely wrong as this has been my experience several times with those. And to this day only have one in my tank
I have a separate 10G tank. I'll give it a little more time. But I can see if that will help him

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a separate 10G tank. I'll give it a little more time. But I can see if that will help him
Give it a go and see how he reacts in there! Also it will give you ability to see if anything else is going on. these days I seem to read a lot of Chromis getting and carrying Uronema but if don't see sores and had that long probably not that!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%
Back