Blue damsel developing white spots and a hole in its side

Wiggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently noticed my damsel developing white spots and hanging around the bottom of the tank more and not being as active. This morning I saw a spot on its side that looks like a hole. I recently added live rock that was cured separately for about a month. I also has 2 clowns and a cleaner shrimp. Is there anything I can do?

6AA5E635-DE39-4DA4-92EC-CD43C4F0CAD3.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Welcome to Reef2Reef.

Take a look at the sticky notes at the top of this section. The second one down lists common information that s needed to try and figure out fish disease issues.
My worry here is that although this looks like an injury, I can see a larger discolored area around the small spot. This could point to it being Uronema. This is basically an internal infection with no really effective treatment (so I hope I’m wrong!). If you can post that additional information and perhaps a short video, I might be able to tell better.

Jay

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back