Blue dot jawfish behavior

Buchananlion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this jawfish 2 days ago and have some questions. He was eating at the LFS but when I got him In my tank he will only snack. This meaning he will eat a frozen shrimp or two but no meals. He seems very skiddish. I have tried feelin him directly with a lot of different foods, but still only snacking. Any thoughts?

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets say you were in the middle of no where would filling your stomach be on your mind?
I dont think so he is just getting used to the tank sometimes they dont eat well for like 5 days.

fishnerd1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through the same thing when I got my 2 pearly jaw fish, 4 days and almost nothing eaten. Try some live brine, mine went nuts over them. Keep introducing options. After a couple of days of bring they staarted eating frozen brine and rods food which is their favorite. Been about 2 months now and they'll eat most anything but flakes. The prefer the larget pellets over small, mainly the tan ones - seems they don't like the red ones but my snails do. Looking forward to a blue dot one day after I fill in a few more of the family reqeusts.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back