Blue Head Wrasse Flashing?

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so yesterday we got a new fish for the fiancé's FOWLR. She wanted a Cortez Rainbow Wrasse. Well we already have a Blue Head Wrasse but figured why not get another. Well everyone is being just fine no chasing or biting. But her Blue Head keeps swimming right next to the Cortez and changing colors. Normally he will be Blue with 2 black stripes then his body will be a greenish/yellowish color. Well he will make himself all blue his whole body will be completely blue. Then go back to normal coloring. Is this normal? Something we should be worried about?

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry... I've been on a little vacation and not checking the board for the last week.

What are the scientific names of the species in question. I'm sure I could figure it out but I may misidentify the fish and waste time trying to get you an answer. Let me know the genus and species and I will help as best I can!

UFfishingirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually they are my fish and the rainbow cortez wrasse is Thalassoma lucasanum and the blue headed wrasse is Thalassoma bifasciatum. I hope this helps.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the species info. I would say that they are fine. Flashing behavior is fairly normal. I am quite familiar with this in Cirrhilabrus wrasses and it appears that you are seeing pretty much the same thing. Keep an eye on everyone over the next week or two but I don't think you will have a problem.

Back