Blue hippo tang

reefplus88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am not sure what my blue hippo tang has. I have attached a photo. I don’t think it’s ick but I am not sure why he is so white. Might anyone know what is happening with him?

14BBAFFD-8529-4D21-B395-215960767009.jpeg F2E15E02-D4EF-4857-A59B-AC25AE7C29FE.jpeg

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely brooklynella or maybe marine velvet, either way remove that fish from the tank immediately and put it in qt. although i think the tank definitely has parasites in it now and all fish may have to be treated

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brook kills much faster, less than 48 hours.
velvet has a little more time but not much

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pic is also blurry so i cant be 100% but im pretty sure

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am not sure what my blue hippo tang has. I have attached a photo. I don’t think it’s ick but I am not sure why he is so white. Might anyone know what is happening with him?

14BBAFFD-8529-4D21-B395-215960767009.jpeg F2E15E02-D4EF-4857-A59B-AC25AE7C29FE.jpeg
Hello, welcome to Reef2Reef!
Below my signature here or at the top of the disease forum is a link to a post that gives information about additional information we need to know about your issue in order to make a better informed decision.
It is possible that your fish has an advanced case of ich. It might also have velvet. If the fish is breathing fast it is probably velvet, if not it is probably ich. Either way, you need to get a treatment started today. I would suggest copper, but that needs to be done in a quarantine tank.
Jay

OP
OP
R

reefplus88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, welcome to Reef2Reef!
Below my signature here or at the top of the disease forum is a link to a post that gives information about additional information we need to know about your issue in order to make a better informed decision.
It is possible that your fish has an advanced case of ich. It might also have velvet. If the fish is breathing fast it is probably velvet, if not it is probably ich. Either way, you need to get a treatment started today. I would suggest copper, but that needs to be done in a quarantine tank.
Jay
Hi Jay I do have him in a qt tank and treating with ichx. He is breathing fast.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay I do have him in a qt tank and treating with ichx. He is breathing fast.
Ich-X is formalin and malachite green. I've just not had good success using that to treat marine fish protozoan diseases. I prefer copper, but I hesitate suggesting that you switch because copper (all medications really) take 3 days or so to really begin to help the fish. If you stop the Ich-X now, while the fish are breathing heavily, chances are they are going to die before the copper has a chance to work.

Jay

OP
OP
R

reefplus88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all your help Jay. I used today the e.m erythromycin and pimafix . Can I still use today ich x? I am sorry for so many questions, I am disparate to help him and I already lose 17 fish.

I also have in my main tank I have snails, starfish, feather dusters , live rocks and anemones can the ich x kill them? I wanted to treat my main tank.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all your help Jay. I used today the e.m erythromycin and pimafix . Can I still use today ich x? I am sorry for so many questions, I am disparate to help him and I already lose 17 fish.

I also have in my main tank I have snails, starfish, feather dusters , live rocks and anemones can the ich x kill them? I wanted to treat my main tank.
Oh, I see you had sent this to me as a PM, I answered you there.
Jay

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

17 fish. Oh my.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pretty sure formalin can’t be used in a DT

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back