Blue Monday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let the back to work hustle and bustle of the world get you down, be happy as a blue clam! They're just sittin around soaking up the good life :cool:

IMGP1559~2.JPG
IMGP1564~2.JPG
IMGP1549~3.JPG

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Le sigh.... sooo pretty. Can I put something like this in a 60 gallon cube?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the youtube video on your site. How long does the tank need to be running to support one? I'm currently filling the new one. I'm moving everything from my biocube over too it. So that should help speed everything along. I currently have 2 clowns, a 6 line wrasse and a diamond goby, so I think all of those would be happy with the clam. There is a small, plain bivalve of some sort that came in as a hitchhiker about 6 months ago that is very happy. Not sure how well that translates to a successful maxima clam.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the youtube video on your site. How long does the tank need to be running to support one? I'm currently filling the new one. I'm moving everything from my biocube over too it. So that should help speed everything along. I currently have 2 clowns, a 6 line wrasse and a diamond goby, so I think all of those would be happy with the clam. There is a small, plain bivalve of some sort that came in as a hitchhiker about 6 months ago that is very happy. Not sure how well that translates to a successful maxima clam.

If you basic water parameters are stable then you should be OK. Temp about 78, specific gravity about 1.025-1.027, alkalinity about 8 dKH, calcium about 450, magnesium about 1300+. These cultured clams are relatively hardy. They do better in tanks with some measurable nitrate and phosphate. They need intense lighting and a firm surface to attach, healthy clam should attach within a couple of days, be sure it can't fall over in the meantime.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you basic water parameters are stable then you should be OK. Temp about 78, specific gravity about 1.025-1.027, alkalinity about 8 dKH, calcium about 450, magnesium about 1300+. These cultured clams are relatively hardy. They do better in tanks with some measurable nitrate and phosphate. They need intense lighting and a firm surface to attach, healthy clam should attach within a couple of days, be sure it can't fall over in the meantime.

I'll make sure to get a rock just for one. When I am certain that I have regular levels of nitrates, I'm def getting one of these. Are there any corals it can be near or should I leave it some space to itself to grow?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back