Blue Spot Jawfish and Lemon Peel with inverts?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I always thought these things were find with inverts..I have seen a bunch of tanks with them living with shrimp. I bought a cleaner shrimp today and when it went in the lemon peel took a few nips at it..not sure if it was just being a bully or what..so it wouldnt leave from the overflow so I shewed it to the other side of the tank and the jawfish flew out and hit it twice..I dont know if it was just being territorial or what. The shrimp went to another corner and doesnt do anything but sit there now. and hides under my magfloat now

XCrunnr36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience this is pretty typical, not with lemon peels and blue dots in particular just fish pecking at a newly added invert as they make their descent down into the aquarium. from what i seen they take a couple of pecks at em and then just leave them alone once they figure out what it is.

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yea thats what it seems..the lemon peel has gone over to the shrimp and floated sideways as it wanted cleaned but the shrimp was still on the defensive and wouldnt do anything but make its antennas real stiff and the fish left. hopefully after a few days they are all getting along. This is the first time i ever really had anything attack a cleaner shrimp i put in the tanks..but I guess in my previous tanks I never really had any larger fish like the jawfish or angel..Usually had small percs, and firefish size fish.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back