Blue Spotted Toby Puffer

jic22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a 55 gallon saltwater tank. Currently I have a coral beauty, a clown fish, and a foxface. I wanted to add a blue spotted puffer but have no experience with them. I do have snails in the tank but they just came in on live rock. I don't mind if he eats them and I don't have any corals. One of the main concerns is I go away a lot and while the water changes and top offs are done he wouldn't get meaty food everyday only about once a week. Other than that it would be pellets (This is just for while I'm away when I'm home I can offer meaty foods.) I was just wondering what your guys thoughts were, if it could work and your guys experience and advice with this species. Thanks so much!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its fine. I like to give them a clam on a half shell or similar (not thawed) too. I used to have one in a 40 gallon. They are very cute looking fish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
while a pretty fish, will not do well with a tank that contains coral. Meaty foods are best and LRS fish frenzy will offer it a good variety diet

OP
OP
J

jic22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any coral in there now nor do I plan to. Do you guys think the tank will be a bit overloaded with him or they should be okay?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 104 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 54 29.8%
Back