Blue tang hole in side?

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if you can help Id what has gone on here? Is it a battle wound? Or something more? Randomly has popped up over night. Sorry about all the micro bubbles

20210922_123929.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the ring? Bacteria often grow around a lesion and form rings like that. It could have begun as a simple wound that got infected. If the ring doesn't get larger, then it may just go away on its own. However, if the bacteria keep growing, you'll need to move the fish to a treatment tank and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic - there really isn't any effective in-tank treatment for this sort of thing.

Jay

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the ring? Bacteria often grow around a lesion and form rings like that. It could have begun as a simple wound that got infected. If the ring doesn't get larger, then it may just go away on its own. However, if the bacteria keep growing, you'll need to move the fish to a treatment tank and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic - there really isn't any effective in-tank treatment for this sort of thing.

Jay
Your a superstar thanks for that, it appeared over night so made me believe it was a wound.

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking like a small flesh wound now and looks clean doesn't look infected, but no professional. Happy eating and swimming normal/breathing. Fingers crossed.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has also had a wound on the other side that healed up believe its from when he wedges himself between rocks to sleep.
I’m no fish expert but I’ve used metroplex and focus with food, but I was very consistent to feed every single day for 15 days with that food and all my fish healed up from a similar issue. Also make sure he gets enough seaweed to be well fed while he is healing up.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree with bacterial and suggest assurance of god water quality and diet as well as treatment using ruby rally pro, or 90 minute Rally pro baths

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Catching it is another thing without tearing down my rockscape. Extremely sleek and quick. Has nori every day.
Best to capture at night when tank dark as they generally favor certain rock for hiding

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let the tang sit in my tank without any treatment as was way to hard to catch and didn't want to stress him out to much.

The hole has nearly cleared up and non existing now. Fish is healthy and didnt appear to have affected him.

Thanks for all the advise all[/QUOTE

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back