Blue Tang Side Lesion

willisd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. I have had my hippo tang for about 15 years and 3 tanks. He has some old HLLE scars he got before he moved to the big tank but has now been happy and healthy in my 200 for some time.

today I noticed this lesion on his side:
18191B79-D3A9-40B7-B603-47A0643C5DCC.jpeg

I have made some minor aquascaping changes to add in some torch frags and get my existing torch off the ground. My initial thought is that this is him being a big dumb idiot and Rammed or slapped The torches or jammed himself in the rocks strangely.

i planned to add secon, Zoe and garlic to his food to help him heal. does this look like anything more urgent I need to take more action?

i did recently introduce a leopard wrasse who is still hiding and a royal gramma, both of which were QTed.

here is the cave I fear he ram into with the torches after I mounted them in an area he frequented. I have now moved them out out to create more space.

DF72BB05-32FF-4D55-A7FD-C6F069FDD0C3.jpeg

thanks,
Willis

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi there. I have had my hippo tang for about 15 years and 3 tanks. He has some old HLLE scars he got before he moved to the big tank but has now been happy and healthy in my 200 for some time.

today I noticed this lesion on his side:
18191B79-D3A9-40B7-B603-47A0643C5DCC.jpeg

I have made some minor aquascaping changes to add in some torch frags and get my existing torch off the ground. My initial thought is that this is him being a big dumb idiot and Rammed or slapped The torches or jammed himself in the rocks strangely.

i planned to add secon, Zoe and garlic to his food to help him heal. does this look like anything more urgent I need to take more action?

i did recently introduce a leopard wrasse who is still hiding and a royal gramma, both of which were QTed.

here is the cave I fear he ram into with the torches after I mounted them in an area he frequented. I have now moved them out out to create more space.

DF72BB05-32FF-4D55-A7FD-C6F069FDD0C3.jpeg

thanks,
Willis
It’s likely an injury which should heal on its own. May leave a slight discoloration when healed but keep an eye on it to assure it doesn’t develop a bacterial infection

OP
OP
W

willisd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s likely an injury which should heal on its own. May leave a slight discoloration when healed but keep an eye on it to assure it doesn’t develop a bacterial infection
He has plenty of battle wounds and scars that is no problem if he gets another one. Glad to hear others agree, I will keep monitoring him and keep an eye on it to be sure it doesn’t advance

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back