blue tang trouble

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he/she has been acting funny for the past couple of days. always hiding in crevaces and not coming out. if i spook it out, it comes out and swims and even eats a little. there are a couple spots on its face but nothing terrible. ideas

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well from everything I read when I was spazzing about my blue tang hiding and scratching it's normal behavior for them to spend a lot of time hiding in rocks. I don't have any spots though. How long have you had it? Any changes? Parameters? Eating is good. Mine eats like a pig though--has it always eaten just a little?
How fast does yours gill? Mine gills faster than the other fish. I was curious about that.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just make sure your parameters are good and you feed him well. Hang some nori or seaweed in the tank for him to munch on. Also is there any other fish they may be harassing it?

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this the big tang you've had in there forever? that's weird. I'm wondering if this is connected to your purple tang issue. Man I'm sorry to hear about all this. Lemme know if you need any help since I'm just down the street.

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been told by more than one person that blues are very social and if you have one they do better if there is more than one. Adding a second at this time might be a whole diffrent issue now that he is established. From what others have said sounds like yoiu have had this one a long time and would know a scuff or two from some thing else get a pic of the spots and post in the fish forum. That is probably your best bet good luck and keep every one posted.

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not tryingto get my hopes up but when i got home from work he was out and about and has been since. and eating like a champ. hopefully he was just morning the loss of his friend. hopefully the same outcome tomorrow when i get home....spots arent as noticable right now and cant get a good picture right now...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back