Blue Tang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you guys have bred blue tangs previously. Any batches coming up? If so, do you know which partner will be selling them?

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you guys have bred blue tangs previously. Any batches coming up? If so, do you know which partner will be selling them?
I have a biota blue tang which I purchased from a hobbyist 2 years ago which I am looking to rehome. let me know if interested. Thanks

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are currently working on perfecting them. The initial batches had the same HLLE issues as the first yellow tang that came out around 5 years ago but we hope to have some for sale with perfect coloration around winter/December.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biota blue tang which I purchased from a hobbyist 2 years ago which I am looking to rehome. let me know if interested. Thanks
Unfortunately, we didn't breed hippo tangs two years ago so these are not captive-bred by us. An extremely small batch came out of University of Florida a few years ago but I believe they were auctioned off for charity and then some "tank-raised" one's came out from an unverified source that ended up hitting the wholesale market a few years ago.

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, we didn't breed hippo tangs two years ago so these are not captive-bred by us. An extremely small batch came out of University of Florida a few years ago but I believe they were auctioned off for charity and then some "tank-raised" one's came out from an unverified source that ended up hitting the wholesale market a few years ago.
Sorry, I did not mean I got the blue Hippo Tang from you. :)

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located
I would personally wait as we are now breeding Blue hippo tangs now, and a Biota blue tang has never been released to the market. If your looking for a for sure hardy blue tang, with the Biota name then we can add you to our retail newsletter, and as soon as they hit the market you WILL be the first to know.

OP
OP
DibsOnMcRibs

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally wait as we are now breeding Blue hippo tangs now, and a Biota blue tang has never been released to the market. If your looking for a for sure hardy blue tang, with the Biota name then we can add you to our retail newsletter, and as soon as they hit the market you WILL be the first to know.

how do i get added?

OP
OP
DibsOnMcRibs

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or is there a waitlist I can get on?
I only keep CB fish and this one has been on my bucket list since I heard about the first batch.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back