Blue Tangs with white spots

Pewmichael

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've had two blue tangs in QT for about week and a half, whilst everything was going well with eating and looking healthy. Today white spots have returned?
I'm replacing the water every three days and redosing slowly as you mentioned in an earlier article. The temp and parameters are all in range. I was set to release them on the 14th day, but now I guess will have to start again.
Have you any advice or reasoning as to why this may have happened.
Regards
Michael.

image.jpeg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've had two blue tangs in QT for about week and a half, whilst everything was going well with eating and looking healthy. Today white spots have returned?
I'm replacing the water every three days and redosing slowly as you mentioned in an earlier article. The temp and parameters are all in range. I was set to release them on the 14th day, but now I guess will have to start again.
Have you any advice or reasoning as to why this may have happened.
Regards
Michael.

image.jpeg

What are you "redosing slowly"? If your using copper, what kind and what level are you keeping it at? Also what test kit are you using with it? One last thing, The only way the 14 days in copper works, is if the fish are transferred to a sterile tank after the 14 days without the copper level being dropped. They stay in the new sterile tank for another 2 weeks to be sure symptoms don't return and infections don't pop up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back