Blue throat trigger alive but laying down, Tang swimming vertically

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also might not be coincidence that the tang started having problems as well after last night when the trigger got introduced. When the tank lights are off they might have fought
Dont think its a tang issue especially with tang also distressed. try water change

OP
OP
D

Dylanischillin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you have not yet done a water change, you will either siphon out water with aquarium siphon and replenish what you took out with newly mixed water the same salinity and temperature as display tank. Other option to to use a CLEAN large cup and scoop out several gallons of water and replace it.
Is this a New or newer tank ?
If so, these are the last fish I would introduce to a new tank that is subject to chemistry changes and spikes until well cycled.
UPDATE did a water change and cleaned up the filter but nitrates still high after water change trigger still alive looks better actually but tang didn’t survive. Any advice to lower nitrates

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The new live rock cud have leached some toxins. Cannot hurt to run carbon or any other carbon media to extract toxins ... and

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
UPDATE did a water change and cleaned up the filter but nitrates still high after water change trigger still alive looks better actually but tang didn’t survive. Any advice to lower nitrates
Immediate approach wud be water change and adding possibl3 peime (assume uou do not have other meds in tank).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There are several ways. I use ChemiPure elite. Other methods are :
  • Remove Detritus
  • Reduce Food Quantity
  • Perform regular Water Changes
  • Rinse Frozen Foods
  • Utilize a Clean-Up-Crew with hermits, other crabs and scavengers
  • Increase Nitrification Bacteria with liquid bacteria such as microBacter xlm
  • Install a Refugium or Algae Scrubber
  • Install a Bio Pellet Reactor

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No meds in tank so another water change on top?

i would do 3 thinkgs

1. Change another 25% to 40% with new good water. I am guessing something got introduced accidently thru live rock.

2. Add carbon or any toxin removing filter/ media may help too.

3. Add Seachem Prime.

Pls check youtube on quantify, process for these.

OP
OP
D

Dylanischillin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you have not yet done a water change, you will either siphon out water with aquarium siphon and replenish what you took out with newly mixed water the same salinity and temperature as display tank. Other option to to use a CLEAN large cup and scoop out several gallons of water and replace it.
Is this a New or newer tank ?
If so, these are the last fish I would introduce to a new tank that is subject to chemistry changes and spikes until well cycled.
Did everything the thread recommended and everything survived nitrates and ammonia were high from the filter one dead cleaner shrimp was caught in my filter don’t know how he got there

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to see tang but breathing fast and swimming vertically. Snowflake eel is fine and is eating up a storm of shrimp
F4180851-9FC3-44EC-8752-D00E00BBCC11.jpeg
In the video, the snowflake is breathing hard and has mucus on its skin. Definitely something wrong there. Morays don’t often get ich, so I would say you either have a water quality issue or Amyloodinium/velvet.

Edit - this is apprarently a thread from this spring?
Jay

Back