Blue Tonga Shrooms

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI I found something today I have not seen in years. What I believe to be blue tonga shrooms. Had some years ago I sold when I moved and have never been able to replace them. I snagged one at ASD and of course they have the mom30 discount now. 2/3 left as true blue shrooms $52.5 with discount. Correct me if I'm wrong on the ID but really nice regardless.

TrueBlueShroom.jpg

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I may need to check these out. I have a wild steel blue ricordia that I love - blue seems to be tough to find in shrooms.
Like most things blue they don't fluoresce, so the pic was actually under white light so that's what they actually look like. Sad thing is red/blue/green/watermelon actinodiscus used to be very common and a whole rock could be had for maybe $40. I paid $80 for a piece of tonga branch rock covered in these blue rhodactis inchoata probably early 2000's at Hidden Reef in Philly. Nothing like inflation and even the most common of actinodiscus shrooms sold as a single polyp frag for sometimes exorbitant prices. Part of the problem is Tonga shut down pretty much all wild exports some years ago as have others.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back