Blue velvet nudi and cleaner shrimp compatibility?

mbmiche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with some berghia taking care of an aiptasia outbreak early on in the stocking of my tank. Never saw the buggers, but the aiptasia slowly disappeared. At the time, I had a clown and tailspot and a few trochus, no other livestock.

Yesterday, I noticed that I am on the verge of a red planaria (flatworm) outbreak. I prefer to go the natural method of possible and have read that the blue velvet nudi is a planaria eating powerhouse. But, I now have a few astrea, a conch, and some Nassarius and a purple firefish in addition to the livestock above (don't think any of these will be an issue?). However, I also have two smaller skunk cleaner shrimp in the tank too. Does anyone know if blue velvet nudis will make an expensive snack for the shrimp or if the shrimp will leave the nudis alone?

Thanks!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with some berghia taking care of an aiptasia outbreak early on in the stocking of my tank. Never saw the buggers, but the aiptasia slowly disappeared. At the time, I had a clown and tailspot and a few trochus, no other livestock.

Yesterday, I noticed that I am on the verge of a red planaria (flatworm) outbreak. I prefer to go the natural method of possible and have read that the blue velvet nudi is a planaria eating powerhouse. But, I now have a few astrea, a conch, and some Nassarius and a purple firefish in addition to the livestock above (don't think any of these will be an issue?). However, I also have two smaller skunk cleaner shrimp in the tank too. Does anyone know if blue velvet nudis will make an expensive snack for the shrimp or if the shrimp will leave the nudis alone?

Thanks!
should be fine... be careful though, they collect that flatworm poison.

catiebartholomew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!
the shrimp will leave the nudis alone ! all of my other inverts give my bvn quite a large radius. i suspect they can tell he’s toxic from a few inches away. i’m trying to find someone to lend my bvn to so he can continue to eat and live. let me know :)) i’d recommend running activated carbon and having a plan for how to decrease flow

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back