Bobit worm?

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7FDE4DE8-4BCB-4C84-B1A4-DC15A4DDCBD9.png
I just want to confirm an ID on this guy, I just switched tanks and this was left amongst the leftover rubble. It’s about 18” long and nasty, just look at those eyes! Also what’s the chance that there are more of these guys kicking around?

Tedzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7FDE4DE8-4BCB-4C84-B1A4-DC15A4DDCBD9.png
I just want to confirm an ID on this guy, I just switched tanks and this was left amongst the leftover rubble. It’s about 18” long and nasty, just look at those eyes! Also what’s the chance that there are more of these guys kicking around?
I'm going with a definite yes. And where there is one bristle worm (polychaete), there are usually others (but not always).

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a plus one for me.. head structure and the band near the head give it away. nice sized. Some like them. don't kill him/her yet if you have caught it. see if someone wants to keep it for a biotope(?) tank

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, I moved everything to the new tank and it was late so I left the old tank until the following day to finish cleaning up. That’s what I found when the little bit of water that was left cleared up. By then the water was quite cold and it was dead. I had no idea it was in there.

I kept losing soft corals for no reason. I would have zoa frags disappear over night, also lost a bounce shroom in the same manner. I guess he was the culprit.

TheBackAndForth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Necro bump... but i found a cone snail in the same way last year. But it was still alive and swimming around with it's spear in my near empty tank. I know where my fairy wrasses kept going. Glad it never got me

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now this is a thing of nightmares. The starfish was cool.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back