Book and/or Website Recommendations?

Discussion in 'New to Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here' started by madducks42, Jun 19, 2017.

1. madducks42

madducks42 Active Member

So I find myself struggling to remember all the different coral types. I understand the difference between soft coral and hard coral, LPS vs SPS. But off the top of my head I don't usually remember the specifics and find myself googling a lot, lol. We have a pretty good LFS and I'll stop in every few weeks to see what frags they have available but usually if I see one I like I look on a site like LiveAquaria just to identify and then go home and do more research. It'd be nice to have a resource that had good pictures and better information than LA. I know I can find pretty much anything I want online but I still like the idea of a website or book that has pictures identifying all or at least the most common corals kept in reef tanks and some info about them.

Any suggestions?

Tags:

2. saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks Lights! Camera! Reef! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Squad

Here's one.
    IMG_1918.JPG

easternreefer and madducks42 like this.
  3. Shep

Shep Acan Connoisseur Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award

To be honest liveaquaria.com has a lot of good information about all of their fish, inverts and corals