Books

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the link:
"I can only relate the explanation I read on another board. Someone there, who said he was familiar with the situation, posted that Eric was swimming in his nextdoor neighbor's pool while they were away. He didn't run away and hide in a nearby house. He went back to his own house nextdoor."

From other posts, apparently the locality is known by the locals for over-active cops. Guessing maybe it's a college town....sounds like how the cops in college towns typically act.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was about to post the Corals book by Borneman, lol

This is also a good one
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gdMAA&usg=AFQjCNFSd-8oNBehtHYl6eRE7JYJZKTd7Q
Link is for:
264b7634fa6312ac1b5a80ef282c6380.jpg

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya about liking the feeling of holding a book in your hands...

Only problem is technology is changing practices in the hobby so much and so fast now that books just can't keep up.

There are still a lot of good books out there for learning fundamentals or getting a general overview on the basics of a tank or types of livestock - may of which have already been linked to or named...

But for fine details on the current practices and equipment being used in the hobby, online articles and forums are the only place you'll find info that is up-to-date.

Last edited:

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
details on the current practices and equipment

+1 on the post overall! :)

However, current practices and equipment are the least useful and least critical info to a newb's success. Most current practices are lacking or at least poorly understood and often misused (generally to an extent, but especially by newbs).

Skimmers and powerheads are the only real noteworthy equipment advances and neither is complicated....skimmers are even fairly easy to DIY. Everything else should wait until post-beginner status, IMO. (I dunno how interested the OP is in this line of thinking in his books thread, so PM me rather than replying here.)

Books! :) :) :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back