Boom Boom Bang Myclang

myclang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I just recently joined. I've asked a ton of questions already, and everyones been pretty darn helpful. Very Thankful for all of your time and patience. I've been out of the Hobby Er. I mean lifestyle for about 6 years now. I was in college and unfortunately was not allowed to keep any aquariums in the apartments I had. Moving every year and being too far from home meant I had to tear down my tank and sell everything off. I started out learning about the hobby working in a small LFS. The owner had a HUGE passion for reef aquariums and I quickly abandoned my fresh water cichlids to pursue the ultimate reef tank. I thought I knew quite a bit but, unfortunately as they say, "if you don't use it, you lose it" and I've found myself basically starting from scratch. Along with re-learning everything I've found that the hobby has transformed quite a bit, and there's a lot better methods and practices. Which I plan on learning myself. I had and still have a 54 corner bow. I'm in the mists of setting it up in the garage, cleaning it and filling it for 2 weeks to leak check it. I have a 10 gallon sump, with bio balls but, am converting to LR, skimmer, and as of today the AI SOL L.E.D. with programmable dimmer. I'll definately add pics as soon as I clean up the tank a bit.

Mike :)

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Mike! Don't forget to post a build thread. Looking forward to seeing some pics! :bigsmile:

MarkChong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike,

Welcome to reef2reef and back to the reefkeeping hobby. I live in the west suburban but work in Minneapolis. Check out my build thread. It might give you some ideas on your project.

Mark

OP
OP
M

myclang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark,

I actually JUST went there yesterday for the very first time. I believe cdness? (sp?) reccomended it to me. I loved that place. I walked in and immediately Li the owner introduced himself and helped me out. I bought my Ai SOL lights from him yesterday after he spent a good amount of time going over the different companies and why he felt he liked the Ai's. I can't wait to go back when I'm ready to pick out some Dry LR.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Mike! Welcome back! And welcome to R2R!

MarkChong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike,

It's good to hear. Li is a good friend of mine. He is one of the most knowledgable reef guy here in MN. One day I may see you in the store...
Don't forget to post pictures once you get everything setup.

Mark

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back