OP
OP
boomeraudio

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe also check at night a few hrs after lights out to see if it’s gone. Some Dino’s will go into the water column during lights out.
Okay I will - just added some more clean up crew. Hoping to wake up to a clean tank in the AM LOL!

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the help brother! @Nick Steele

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you added a skimmer? That will help with nitrates.
The algae does not look like dino to me.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t added a slimmer yet. Just a UV Sterilizer and the InTank 3 tier basket. What skimmer would you recommend?
Not sure what fits in the back chambers. I used the Tunze 9001 in mine, but it does not fit in the back on an IM 20. If I was going to try a different brand it would be an Aquamax HOB or Eshopps Nano.
:)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine makes a Skimmer designed for your tank. Don’t know how good it is.

I have used and I guess it is better than nothing.
Good suggestion though.

OP
OP
boomeraudio

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine makes a Skimmer designed for your tank. Don’t know how good it is.

I have used and I guess it is better than nothing.
Good suggestion though.
Thanks for linking.
What do you think about a refugium in the back with Chaeto instead? Wouldn’t that serve a similar purpose? I could set it up pretty easy. Just trying to figure out all my options.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think a fuge is even close to a skimmer at removing organics.
CPR how ever does make a good product, and I used one with chaeto on one of my tanks.
If you are going to keep a light bio load it might fit the bill.

OP
OP
boomeraudio

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think a fuge is even close to a skimmer at removing organics.
CPR how ever does make a good product, and I used one with chaeto on one of my tanks.
If you are going to keep a light bio load it might fit the bill.
Gonna pick up the Nuvo desktop skimmer, I think that'll be a good solution.

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what fits in the back chambers. I used the Tunze 9001 in mine, but it does not fit in the back on an IM 20. If I was going to try a different brand it would be an Aquamax HOB or Eshopps Nano.
:)
I have an Eshopps Nano, it works in the Fusion 20.. Unfortunately, they are based out of california and I tried emailing them a question awhile back and haven't heard anything and their products are sold out just about everywher. Hoping COVID shutdown isn't hitting them too hard, they make quality stuff.

OP
OP
boomeraudio

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean up crew is at work but they won’t touch the algae on the rocks/sand. So odd. I stir the sand up and two days later it’s back on top.
I feel very defeated ha ha.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel very defeated ha ha.

Oh no you don't. ;)

Once you get the skimmer try some chemiclean. In the images on the previous page it looks like Cyano and some hair algae on the rocks.
It does seem like things should turn around in 8 months but when you start with dry rock it takes longer.
Hang in there.

OP
OP
boomeraudio

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no you don't. ;)

Once you get the skimmer try some chemiclean. In the images on the previous page it looks like Cyano and some hair algae on the rocks.
It does seem like things should turn around in 8 months but when you start with dry rock it takes longer.
Hang in there.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Just ordered the skimmer, a Sicce Silent 1.5 and some ChemiClean. Leaving for a few days on Tuesday morning. Sister in law is watching the tank. Hoping for the best :/

also hope the gear arrives before then! Otherwise I may be coaching her through the setup! Ha ha

OP
OP
boomeraudio

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm fairly certain that my tank has not been fully functional the entire time I've had it...here's why.

I just installed a SICCE Silent 1.5 and the water level in the back nearly dropped in half. The flow increased tremendously. The rear of my tank was always full and water flow was minimal (I.e. the waterfall from chambers was not happening. Is it supposed to be like this? If not, I'll have to add some more saltwater. It's clear that the pump I was using before was barely functional. Check out the pics and vids.

Also got the Nuvo Skimmer from MarineDepot.com and it arrived broken - pump doesn't work. Marine Depot has been helpful to find a solution thus far!

Here's a link to video -

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_8015.JPG

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it shouldn't be like that at all. we have the same tank and the water level in the back is maybe an inch lower than the DT. and we are running dual return pumps.

OP
OP
boomeraudio

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it shouldn't be like that at all. we have the same tank and the water level in the back is maybe an inch lower than the DT. and we are running dual return pumps.
Alright, thanks for the reply - going to fill up the rear of the tank with some more water and hope that the display doesn't overflow ha ha. Mixing it up right now. Appreciate the feedback for sure!

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, thanks for the reply - going to fill up the rear of the tank with some more water and hope that the display doesn't overflow ha ha. Mixing it up right now. Appreciate the feedback for sure!
Check your filtration. You might be over filtering or your filters might be clogged.

Back