Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:xd: I've officially been banned from RC. I imagine they saw all my pm's to people telling them to come over here. Oh, well life goes on...:snicker:

I can still access with another user name I had before Paul_PSU so no biggie if I need some info off of there I can still get it.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
they will probably watch here now and see if anyone talks bad about them here. I wouldnt be surprised if they ban them over at RC for talking bad about them here.

o0xerog0o

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think Buck's banning was unnecessary and uncalled for, but all the forum bashing and whatnot is a little overdone IMO. I can understand if someone feels the need to vent, but why make another website reefcentral-sucks.com? Maybe it's me, but I am a member here as well as on RC so I can get to know other reefers and learn as much as I can about this hobby.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new site is not going to be just about RC. The name was more of a joke, and also an opinion. We are going to have more of a directory of different sites and information. People can come on and give there reviews/opinions on anything within the scope of the hobby. Hope that answers the why. We don't want to make another site like R2R but more of a place where people can go to find out about great sites like R2R and whatever else is available to them.

Last edited:

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know...RC served it's purpose and now it's time to move on...it's as simple as that...until I can talk to the president of CMAS and find out about our own forum here, I know people will be checking in there. What's important is that R2R took everything we liked about RC and tempered it with what we didn't like.

My question would be to those that were banned....were you Premium Members or not....I'm wondering what the ration would be...are they a little more tolerant if you actually pay and support the site or do you get the boot just as quick?

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a premium member so no that didn't make a difference.

Why not ask Rev to give your club a section over here also?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW...I was right
This is why RC is pathetic..I just got banned over there..and I didnt even do anything. I told you they would watch over here and ban people over there..What a group of people that really need to grow up

anyone got an email of a Mod over there I can send to..I wanna know what the heck their reason..Well anyone but that tool beerguy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolleyes: They must be on a roll over there....

Yep it says "Moved On" under your name in a post....Welcome to the club, glad to have you! :xd:

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanna know a reason..Because if its me being over here..Then that is just crap..How into them self can they get if they feel NO ONE else is allowed to talk about them anywhere else.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i cant find any of their emails.
I would imagine all those admins over there to act this way. They probably got beat up all through life and such..and they finally have power on a fish forum so they think they are the all mighty.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tried that...all that does is ask for my email so they can send me my password..nothing about contacting members..probably cause they dont care and wont help anyone

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is [email protected] You could send it to that and tell them to forward it to the admin. When you try to email from the site it just has the form you fill out with the message and your email. You could also have an active member send the admin a pm with your email. That's about all I can think of.

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh well, thats why Paul and I are making our site. I got the site and did some work on it, Paul is coming up with an outline, once thats done we will let you guys know.

The site is, as Paul said to serve as a bridge to get reefers to the forum they want. R2R will always be the "gold standard", but as there is so much information out there whether its on a forum or a link to a website. It will get you to the information you need.

The reason RC was used in the website address was to bring us together to share experiences on that and other sites without being banned for asking a question or disagreement with a mod.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! They just banned me too.

Gotta love it!!!

What a bunch of #$^$%&@$

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
soooo I take it in their eyes...Your not allowed to belong to any other sites or that little thing of freedom of speech..or they will ban you for talking about them on a completely different forum. What a bunch of tools

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so now i will post and see if i get banned for no reason LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back