Booted from Facebook Saltwater Group because I said "I DONT TEST"

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are in 2021, people dont want to hear diverging opinion anymore. all must think the same, that is the new religion. abide by the rules :)
Yep, I would call it "GroupThink". It's awful! People have stopped caring about learning or looking beyond their narrow mindset or worse yet their group's narrow mindset! It's going to be our downfall. :-(

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never boot you, maybe just try to educate you better.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confused for the many faced god?
andy samberg spoilers GIF by HuffPost

What is this book of faces of which you speak????

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on a facebook group asked "How Many Times a Week do you test for Alkalinity?"

I posted in response RARELY, If at all anymore. And went on to explain the virtues of DOSING and Water Changes. Because I have a dosing schedule and I **Observe** my corals (LPS and Softies only tank).

I explained in my post that I had established a dosing schedule based on testing over a long period and that one can maintain a system with regular dosing and water changes and observe their Corals. My Acan's tell me when Nitrates and Phosphates are high.... My Torches tell me when they are lush and fat that the water is good. My Corals dictate to me when its time for fresh salt water.

INSTANT BOOTED.

Facebook people need to go to PETCO.
What’s Facebook? Is that like My Space?;Shifty

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is pretty normal for Facebook.

Instead of being a place to share and exchange ideas and learn from each other… it is mostly a place for those with the same idea to stroke each other’s egos and continue through the world with their tiny minds.

I have seen people wish others harm and death… usually over something very unimportant like disagreeing over cat food.

Social media and screens seem to have lead us into a dark place.

The big difference is face book is set up in a way that you rarely get to know the other people. Same with other platforms. It’s just massive amounts of content… not a chat group or such.
I stopped doing Facebook about 8 years ago. You're right about it taking us to a dark place. It used to be good when it first started. Everyone seemed to love everyone but it's algorithms have turned dark (maybe a symptom of the people programming them?) and the fact that they don't seem to care anymore about the atrocious stuff people post.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often wonder if Zuckerberg is an alien and FB is meant to suck out every last brain cell of humanity so when his fellow aliens come to conquer us we'll be a brain dead, compliant race of blobs that will simply do whatever they want. :)

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped doing Facebook about 8 years ago. You're right about it taking us to a dark place. It used to be good when it first started. Everyone seemed to love everyone but it's algorithms have turned dark (maybe a symptom of the people programming them?) and the fact that they don't seem to care anymore about the atrocious stuff people post.
11 years here

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, please remember our TOS as you discuss topics. Be sure to avoid bringing political rants/debates into it. Thanks and happy reefing!

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on a facebook group asked "How Many Times a Week do you test for Alkalinity?"

I posted in response RARELY, If at all anymore. And went on to explain the virtues of DOSING and Water Changes. Because I have a dosing schedule and I **Observe** my corals (LPS and Softies only tank).

I explained in my post that I had established a dosing schedule based on testing over a long period and that one can maintain a system with regular dosing and water changes and observe their Corals. My Acan's tell me when Nitrates and Phosphates are high.... My Torches tell me when they are lush and fat that the water is good. My Corals dictate to me when its time for fresh salt water.

INSTANT BOOTED.

So you were just booted from the FB group not FB itself?

Here's my take...don't use FB for groups. granted I'm not a fan of FB with the way the algorithems work, lots of ads, etc, etc....why can't we go back to the good old days when we played Farmville with a few of our new friends.:p I think it is a terrible platform for hobby type discussions which are better on message boards like this.

I get all the hate for FB, I've been trying a few groups recently and removed myself from one because they were filled with moderators who didn't moderate, they argued with you like toddlers or you get folks who say whatever they want which mostly is negative and hateful.

I will still use FB to keep in touch with my friends....the ones I know and not the ones that want to know me.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you were just booted from the FB group not FB itself?

Here's my take...don't use FB for groups. granted I'm not a fan of FB with the way the algorithems work, lots of ads, etc, etc....why can't we go back to the good old days when we played Farmville with a few of our new friends.:p I think it is a terrible platform for hobby type discussions which are better on message boards like this.

I get all the hate for FB, I've been trying a few groups recently and removed myself from one because they were filled with moderators who didn't moderate, they argued with you like toddlers or you get folks who say whatever they want which mostly is negative and hateful.

I will still use FB to keep in touch with my friends....the ones I know and not the ones that want to know me.
Have you had to block any friends yet? It's getting nasty for that as well. That was the final straw for me (and an eye opener). If you haven't then good for you. You have good friends! :)

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had to block any friends yet? It's getting nasty for that as well. That was the final straw for me (and an eye opener). If you haven't then good for you. You have good friends! :)
I may block a friend for a while if that is all I'm seeing is there ranting. I have a couple of family member's that really don't share similar views with me...I haven't really figured out how to deal with that and that goes way beyond FB.

It's much like watching the local news, my wife doesn't really want to know about the domestic shooting that happened two counties over, so I watch it and select the good things that happen, like when they show puppies for adoption.

mlbrown322

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Car Clubs, Jeep Clubs, Computer Clubs, Gaming Clubs, just name your hobby, there will always be those that want to control the group.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

INSTANT BOOTED.

Must be a BRS employee. They aren’t going to a testing kit from one of the company’s we own if they listen to this guy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to know which Facebook group. I belong to a few that are great.

I just think it’s a little bit ridiculous to rant here about Facebook and limits on freedom of speech as some here have said. This is a private forum with TOS that limit freedom of speech (not complaining about that, I agreed when I joined). I’m sure people get booted from here, people get posts deleted and mods jump in with gentle reminders all the time (which I understand) but again all limiting free speech. It’s all the same.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would love to know which Facebook group. I belong to a few that are great.

I just think it’s a little bit ridiculous to rant here about Facebook and limits on freedom of speech as some here have said. This is a private forum with TOS that limit freedom of speech (not complaining about that, I agreed when I joined). I’m sure people get booted from here, people get posts deleted and mods jump in with gentle reminders all the time (which I understand) but again all limiting free speech. It’s all the same.
I think there might be more to this story. Not yours - the OP's

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back