Boron of 5,655 PPM?

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something doesn't seem right with these ICP numbers.....

Boron of 5,655 PPM? Wait what? How is anything alive in this tank....... Sr of 10,712 PPM....... No way..... Maybe they missed a decimal place? I never dosed Boron, only the recommended Aquavitro Fuel. I did does Sr, after it being low on the last ICP, but not that much. I used Seachem Sr and dosed using their calculator....

The aluminum makes some sense as I have been using some GFO.

OP
OP
bcarl77

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the report was corrected from when it was first published.... Good to see it was a unit conversion issues when it was first uploaded.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the report was corrected from when it was first published.... Good to see it was a unit conversion issues when it was first uploaded.

Also bear in mind for the future that, as I said, in Europe they use a comma instead of a period as a decimal point, and some of the ICP companies (like Triton) are in Europe.

OP
OP
bcarl77

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, didn't consider this since it was sent to the CA lab. Fair point, either way, glad to see them update it.

Obviously the phosphate is a concern. I want to get that iodine level back down to a normal range. I would think that 211 ug/l is way too high.

I stopped lugols dosing back in April, but I have been dosing fuel which contained 180 ug/l per dose so I guess scale back the fuel.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, didn't consider this since it was sent to the CA lab. Fair point, either way, glad to see them update it.

Obviously the phosphate is a concern. I want to get that iodine level back down to a normal range. I would think that 211 ug/l is way too high.

I stopped lugols dosing back in April, but I have been dosing fuel which contained 180 ug/l per dose so I guess scale back the fuel.

I don't think the iodine is high enough to worry about, but I wouldn't be dosing more at this point. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back